•Chapter 16• [ Its not you. ]

The chapter contains:
Crying, guilt, neglection (?), and 1019 words.

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥

Micheal stayed up, he heard Elizabeth's cries from next door. William had canceled the trip underground to see Circus baby. Beth did not handle that well either, but the only thing that he felt was the guilt that weighed his stomach. Y/n- he had ghosted them. With no explanation as well, his phone was somewhere in his dad's room or maybe even the basement. He sighs and stared at the ceiling, he stood up and walked out of his room. He needed himself to feel better.

He slowly and quietly opened the door to Elizabeth's room. He grabbed a nearby brush and crouched down to see his sister. Her hair is knotted and messy, her eyes are red and puffy. She has her eyes fixed on her brother. She changed into her pink Pajamas that has a darker pink threading the outline.
"Come to make fun of me?" Elizabeth mumbles and rubbed her eyes.
"Of course not, not when you're crying." Mike grabs the brush and sit behind her, slowly starting to brush out the tangles. There's a silence that last for a while. Until Elizabeth breaks it.

"It's not fair... Daddy said we could go. Why, why is he so fixated on stupid animatronics than us!" Elizabeth sniffles. She winced a bit as Mike pulled on her hair.
"Circus baby is stupid?" Micheal questions, Elizabeth tenses.
"Everyone but Baby." She replies. And Micheal smiles,
"Father is just.. Different. He tried his hardest to fund for us.." Micheal tried to protect the idea of their father for Elizabeth. In fact Micheal hates William. But his sister didn't need to know that.
"Why can't he take a break... why.." Elizabeth sighs and hits her head against the bar of her bed gently. Micheal's expression saddens.
"I know..." He finished brushing her hair.

"Thank you, you're the best big brother" Elizabeth smiles and her door creaks. Micheal and Beth glance to the door.

Evan stands out there, holding his fredbear plushie. He stares in disbelief. Micheal and Evan lock eye contact, before Evan tears up and runs off.
"...you should treat him better-" Elizabeth starts and Micheal interrupts.
"No." He stood up and exited Beth's room into his own. His stomach knotted as he plunged into his bed.
That didn't make him feel better.

. . . . . ╰──╮

The next morning y/n decided to look their best. They woke up earlier (probably because they couldn't sleep in..) they curled their hair and put some small hoop earrings. They draped on a white wool shirt. It had short sleeves and a collar that circled around their throat.
They slightly tugged and pulled on a light grey cardigan that was plaid, it had a darker grey to match the lighter grey. They waited to hear if anyone was coming before changing their pants. It was always a fear you guys had, changing and someone seeing ... too much.

You quickly change my PJ pants to some shorts, then realize your legs are ashy as fuck.. you make a cringe face, you can trace tic- tac -toe on it. You sigh and grabs some lotion from one of your drawers. You rub it all over your legs then slide your sleeve upwards. Painfully, for a bit. Then quickly rub your elbows. You pulled the sleeve down and grabbed some white socks, with beige converse. Finally you finish and slowly open your knob to your door. Live for another day, or losing braincells.

. . . . . ╰──╮

You found Fredrick before anyone else, you talked to him quite some time until you noticed he wasn't even paying attention to you at the end.

"What now?" You ask, feeling a bit mad. Brushing it off of course.
"Nothing- it's just, I texted Micheal yesterday. But he hasn't answered yet, my mom was starting to get mad. 'Oh don't do that!! The phone bill is gonna go wild!' Blah, blah, blah, something like that" Fred shrugs  and y/n rolls their eyes.

"If it makes you feel better.... Micheal- . Ghosted me.-?" You mumble glancing at Fredrick. He raised his gaze to meet yours.
"Like a weird date-? Ghosted-?" Fred questions, and you nod.

"Loser" Fredrick seemed unbothered and went back to the terrible breakfast the school had offered. Y/n punches him in the arm and crosses their arms. Suddenly they glance up scanning the room. As a habit, the stare at the boy who returned eye contact.
Micheals hair was still in a brown mullet. A dark and then lighter shade of brown. His blue eyes gleamed and had that feeling of calmness. His clothes baggy, but somehow fit him and didn't look like a homeless. His nails painted black and messy, clues of Elizabeth trailing and apart of him.
While you stood there gaping at your sleeve. A sudden feeling of anger emerged. Your e/c (eye color) burned and grew darker. Then standing up straight. You walked towards him.

The closer you got, the more you could see the guilty expression burning onto his face. It almost made you feel bad about being angry; almost. Micheal opened his mouth to speak but you collided your shoulder against his and strode past him.
"Tell Fredrick I'm going to the library." You state. With a bitter voice,
"..." Micheal doesn't respond.
then that's when you pick up the pace.

Once out of view, you take a gasp. It seemed you haven't been breathing for a time.. afraid maybe. You sighed and this time kept your word. You walked to the library realizing something. You weren't really mad at Micheal, you didn't blame him. But the anger had to be pinned on somebody, so in reality.
You blamed yourself for being the foolish person, you are.

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥

Ahhh-! Ty for all the support! You guys are so silly! :)) btw tho, I might plan on changing things but I'll tell you guys in advance, I swear! Including my other smth else. I will try to make longer chapters but I will probably write small short ones. I apologize for that but it's the count that matters! Ty again.