Chapter Three: The Haunting of 62 Sheen Road

The two agents thanked the cab driver as they got out of the cab with their kit. The sun was almost setting and the ghost lamps had started to flicker on. The pair started walking down the street to the house where they were meeting their client. It had been about six months or so since Charlotte had joined Lockwood and Co and she seemed to be fitting in perfectly. Well with Lockwood at least. She was yet to crack George.

"Alright, I'm going to test you on the plans in random order. Never know which one we'll need and when." Lockwood told Charlotte. "It's vital we can communicate quickly and clearly in as few words as possible."

"That's a good start. Took you about 30 words to explain what you're about to do." Charlotte told the boy sarcastically. Lockwood looked over at the blonde girl.

"Don't be facetious Char. We really don't have the time. Now what's Plan C?" Lockwood asked the girl.

"Plan C means whoever isn't in combat makes a defensive circle. Plan e means you fight the visitor and I deal with the source. Plan D is the other way around. Plan B is salt bombs. Plan A is lavender Water, and Plan F is Greek fire, which should only be used indoors and in controlled environments." Charlotte recited. She had spent the entire morning memorizing the plans that Lockwood had told her. They came up to the house which was an older-looking house. Definitely had two stories and maybe an attic.

"Ten out of Ten." Lockwood congratulated her.

"There were only six." She pointed out. He looked at her with a quick grin.
"Damn, I'll have to think of another four." He shot back.
"Thought you said there was no time to be facetious," Charlotte exclaimed. Lockwood then flicked his arm out and looked at his watch.

"Well, we're slightly ahead of schedule," Lockwood told her. She let out a light laugh and rolled her eyes. They stepped up the stairs and onto the porch. Somewhere down the street, a crow let out a caw. Lockwood set his heavy kit bag on the floor and rang the doorbell. There was no answer and Charlotte doubted Lockwood's navigational skills.

"Are you sure this is the right place?" She asked the boy. She looked at the number above the door and sure enough, it said 62.

"62 Sheen Road. Mrs Hope." He pushed the doorbell again. "Quarter to six on the dot."

"Maybe Mrs Hope gave us the wrong address," Charlotte said as Lockwood knocked heavily on the door. They both peered through the frosted stained windows and Charlotte could make out what looked like a female shadow crossing the hall.

"Ah! Here she comes." Lockwood said, and they stepped away from the glass.

"Are you from the agency?" A frail voice asked from behind them. The two teens turned at the sound of the voice to see an elderly lady standing behind them. Her hair was gray and she seemed to look as if she had been alive before the Problem had become exactly that.

"Mrs Hope?" Lockwood asked and she nodded her head in confirmation. They stepped off the porch and Charlotte stood behind Lockwood. "I'm Anthony Lockwood. This is my Collegaue, Charlotte Campebell. We've come about your problem. Would you care to show us inside?"

"Oh no I wont set foot in there. Not since my husband passed. Not since how he passed." Mrs Hope told them. Charlotte thought that seemed a little bit suspicious. "The disturbances have been very persistent. I'm going to sell it but it needs fixing first."

"That is exactly what we do," Lockwood told the woman, giving her his smile meant for clients.

"Locate the visitor, contain the source. A safe space means a satisfied customer." Charlotte said with a smile to the woman, the saying being something she had said several times at home in Brighton.