Dracula's Legacy

She rested in bed, utterly exhausted but happy beyond belief  cradling her newborn son in her arms. The  castle midwives had tended to her and the baby very well, cleaning them up and making them both comfortable.  She leaned her head against her husband's shoulder, who sat at her bedside, admiring their newest addition full of love.

"It was easier this time, pushing out just one, instead of two consecutively." Emmaline remarked. Her husband chuckled and kissed her cheek. The baby cooed in her arms, wriggling his tiny limbs. The nurses were shocked how quickly he was able to move his limbs and crawl shortly after birth (albeit a very  small distance). Just like she did when she was born, and her own twin daughters four years earlier.

The door opened, Auntie Sypha walked in with the two young girls. "It's all right girls." Cyrus beckoned them over. Her daughters ran to the bed, slowing down when gingerly approaching their mother. Amazement cast in their eyes, gazing at their new sibling.

"Can we keep him?" Asked Iris

Her parents laughed. "Of course.  He's staying with us."

"Can I hold him Mama?" Asked Rosie.

"Soon dearest." She stroked her daughters hair.

"Me too! I wanna hold him too!" Piped Iris.

 "Soon." Cyrus assured. " We must use our quiet voices, my darlings. We don't want to wake him."

"What are we gonna name him?" Asked Iris. The twin brainstormed for hours on names for their sibling, both boy and girl names. Him being a boy narrowed it down significantly!

Emma smiled at Cyrus, who smiled back and nodded. "Lyudmil, after my father. Your grandfather." Confirmed Cyrus.

"Lyudmil." The twins looked at each other. That wasn't any of their names!

"Well, I guess that's a good name." Rosie nodded in approval.

"Hello Lyudmil. Welcome to our family." Iris beamed.

The baby wriggled and cooed, as if responding to his new name.

Emmaline looked lovingly at her family, now complete. She would have no more children after him (Emma, like her divine mother, could choose whether to carry or not). She was happy.