Chapter 3: Doom Slayer vs Frieza

The Slayer stared up at the alien who sat on their hover pod floating above him.

He looked strangely female, with deep colored lips and slanted eyes. Two horns protruded from his skull which was bald. Mostly he was light pink, with purple areas as well, and the Slayer could see a snake-like tail lolling out the side of his hovering throne.

Frieza smirked down at him as he spoke.

"I hope you're satisfied, truly; you have successfully wiped out half of my well loyal troops with effortless ease."

The Slayer stared at him blankly.

Every Saiyan including Bardock's friends, and Gine looked up at Frieza in fear. There had always been a sense of dread whenever his presence was brought up. It wasn't anything new, really. The fact was, everyone feared Frieza with varying degrees of success. Some less so than others; like Bardock. Bardock was never afraid of Frieza; he never had been since the very beginning of his training. That wasn't to say that he didn't know how dangerous Frieza was; it was just that, after everything he went through, he had learned that there was no point in fear.

Fear only causes you to make mistakes. Fear made it hard to focus on your goal, and fear kept you weak. Fear killed you. And that, he decided early in his life, is not something he wanted to be. Not anymore. Never again will he ever let fear control him.

Frieza's smirk turned dark as he looked at what remained of his troops. "Heh, and what has become of the Ginyu Force I wonder?" His gaze returned to the Slayer, who continued to maintain eye contact with him calmly. "Did you really do away with them all?"

The Slayer didn't answer. He merely stares at him, as Frieza continues staring back at him, unblinking as he observes his every move.

"Heh, heh. Sadly stranger, I'm afraid this won't do; indulge me, you and those monkeys said your goodbyes, yes?" He paused for a moment as his gaze glanced at the corpse of Zarbon, which was headless. The Slayer didn't even bother to acknowledge the sight of dead bodies scattered across the battlefield. "Oh, to see Zarbon like that almost makes me feel sorry for him. But it doesn't matter, it saved me the trouble of entering a lion's den heh, heh, heh, heh." Frieza smiled slyly at the sight. "I must admit my friend. After what I've witnessed, I'm impressed. You are quite a strong fellow. You would've been the strongest of the universe if only I wasn't around."

Again, the Slayer didn't respond, merely kept his gaze fixed on him and his hands clenched into fists. If possible, he was feeling more anger towards him by the minute.

Frieza took notice of this silent treatment, and chuckled. "Hmmm.... So rude, aren't we? You should learn some manners." His grin widened, raising one finger, aiming it at the warrior. A lavender beam shot out in front of it. In that instant, the Slayer was hit full in the face.

Everyone but the Slayer gasped when said beam hit its mark. But to Frieza and every Saiyan's shock it did nothing; instead, the beam simply dissipated harmlessly into thin air.

Frieza pulled his finger away, and stared incredulously at the Slayer. He blinked a few times and tried once again to shoot the beam at him. Nothing. He shot two beams, but this still didn't affect him either.

He growled in irritation. He adds ten beams, nothing. Another ten attempts and no avail. He glared hatefully at the Slayer, who continued staring back at him without a single change of emotion on his face.

He sat up out of his hover pod. Descending gently towards the warrior and landed five meters away. "Don't get this into your head. You maybe strong, that is certain, but not nearly as strong as me. Your power has served you well in killing my best men but that ends here; I will make you rue the day you crossed my path and make you embrace oblivion."