Chapter 8: Birth of Anew

The crowd of Saiyans made way for the Slayer as he stepped forward, walking calmly towards King Cold. His expression hardened and his fists were clenched tight. The onlookers were awestruck. Never would they have thought that the savior of Planet Vegeta would fight against an enemy with such ferocity and courage, they could hardly believe it.

The Slayer stopped at King Vegeta's side, staring at the tall Frieza clone who stood by his ship.

King Cold stared back with a slight smirk.

"Ah, so this is what you look like, hmm. If my thoughts are correct, you must be the one who killed my baby boy. And possibly Cooler as well." King Cold spoke. His voice was full of contempt, and disgust filled his words.

The Slayer stared at him blankly.

Silence eroded the tension between the two, neither moved or spoke, only staring at each other in silent contemplation.

"Hmm, not much of a talker aren't you? Well, no matter. I might as well just—"

Right boot slams into the ground creating a small crater, quickly followed up by lunging forward with incredible speed. Reaching towards King Cold his right hand bawled together forming a fist, and he brought it crashing down toward Cold's head, his fist plunging through his face like butter. The impact caused the king's head to explode. Purple blood splattered outward through the air, landing heavily upon the ground.

The king's body went limp from the force of the blow, falling lifelessly down onto the ground.

King Cold was dead; and once again, the Slayer stood victorious.

Silence engulfed the entire battlefield.

Doom Slayer turned his gaze towards the crowd of Saiyans, his eyes narrowed slightly in anger. The whole crowd roared in unison, their voices filled with excitement, exhilaration, pride, and respect. They cheered for their savior.

"This is insane! First he took out Frieza, and now Cold and Cooler!" One Saiyan shouted in awe.

"He's incredible! His strength eclipses all others!" Another said, her eyes wide with disbelief.

The crowd cheered on and applauded loudly for the hero, their cheers echoing across the helipad. The cheering died down when King Vegeta stood up causing the Slayer to shift his attention towards him. King Vegeta walked towards the Slayer with the King's guards walking beside him.

"I don't know who you are, but it's thanks to you that you've freed Planet Vegeta from Frieza, and his family's tyranny. For that, I owe you my thanks." He held out his hand for Doom Slayer to shake. The Slayer simply stared at it unblinkingly. King Vegeta retracted his arm, disappointed with the reaction and gave him a curt nod before continuing. "I'm not exactly sure where you come from, and you're definitely not a Saiyan for that matter. But that isn't important. What I demand to know, however...is who the hell you are?"

The Slayer glared at the king intensely, his eyes narrowing.

"You plan on speaking warrior?" One elite Saiyan guard asked with his trademark glare. "This is the King of Planet Vegeta you're talking to. Show some respect."

There was a cracking sound as the Slayer's hands balled into fists. King Vegeta notices this and quickly plants his left hand on the guard's chest, stopping him from advancing any further.

King Vegeta turned to the guard to his left, glaring at him. "Stand down you fool!" He commanded sternly.

"The individual standing before you has been referred to as the Slayer."

King Vegeta and his guards shared a look, and then looked back at the warrior.

"So you can talk." Saiyan guard to the right stated.