Chapter 5: King Cold & Cooler's Arrival

The landing was rough. Torah, Fasha, Borgos, and Shugesh clenched the arms of their seat as the ship stuttered to a halt on the ground, and unbuckled themselves. Getting to their feet they start towards the platform that was the entrance to the ship.

With Bardock taking the lead, they all descended to the platform. The Slayer jumped onto the dark yellow ground and looked around.

Vampa had a surface that consists of a yellow sky and rocky wastelands as far as the eye can see. The ground is littered with massive craters, some filled with green pools of liquid, while others lay empty.

Shugesh surveyed the area, crossing his arms. "So this is where Paragus has been hanging out, huh?"

Torah stepped up to Shugesh's side looking around.

"Looks like it." His voice trailed off for a moment as his eyes landed on a ship in the distance. "That must be his ship."

They all walked over to the ship. As Bardock approached he noticed the holes burned through the roof, likely by whatever creatures attacked the ship. His eyes slightly narrowed.

"These wounds were made by a beast of unknown origin." Bardock murmured, stroking the cool metal of the ship.

Torah studied the damaged ship. "Judging by how beat up it looks, I can say that whatever attacked it must've been big."

Fasha stand to Torah's side, her hands on her hips. "Well, the sooner we find him, the sooner we can get off this lifeless rock."

"Hey!"

Everyone snapped their heads toward the source of the voice. On their knees breathing heavily was a tall and well-muscled old Saiyan.

He had noticeable wrinkles with slightly darker skin and long gray hair while sporting a full beard, and a long scar running down his left eye. He wore a standard black Saiyan armor with small yellow shoulder-padding and midsection. He also wore a blue legless bottom, white gloves, white boots with yellow tips, long white cape with a big collar around his neck, and tail drape loosely around his waist.

Bardock blinked, recognizing the old Saiyan. Bardock and his teammates came to Paragus side and helped him up to stand.

"Long time no see old man." Bardock spoke first, smiling.

Paragus turned to Bardock, his eyes widening. "Bardock..?"

Bardock nodded his head, "Yeah, me, remember?"

Paragus slowly nodded his head. "I do..."

Paragus looked at the group standing in front of him. Bardock and his teammates backed up, allowing Paragus to stand on his own two feet. 'What a reunion..' he thought to himself. It felt like he hadn't seen them since he left Planet Vegeta.

He turned his attention back to Bardock. He chuckled. "I never thought I see the day where we would meet again like this. You've grown into quite a fine man, Bardock."

Bardock smiled broadly. "And you've grown old and grey." He motioned to Paragus's outfit. "Looks like you still haven't changed much."

Paragus let out another chuckle. "Oh Bardock, I have not."

Shugesh stood next to Barrock. He stroked his chin with one hand. "So you're Paragus, huh. So you're the one who made that distress signal?"

Paragus nodded. "Yes, that was me. My spaceship was damaged years ago. I'd almost given up hope that we'd ever make it off this cursed planet. But finally, someone has come for us."

"Yeah, which reminds me," Bardock said turning towards Paragus. "You mentioned in your last transmission that you had a son. Is he around here?"

Paragus nodded. "Yes, he is." He looked beyond the rocky wastelands. "He's probably out there eating his afternoon lunch so I'll..." His eyes trailed past Bardock and his teammates to the Slayer. "Bardock... Who is he?"