Chapter 14: Broly's Hidden Power

The Doom Slayer observed the Saiyan child with great attention, as the latter sat on the ground, relishing his apple. The former gleaned a few insights from his interaction with the boy. He discerned that the child was brimming with energy, possessed a pure heart akin to his mother's, and had a somewhat whimsical disposition. This was in stark contrast to the Saiyans he had encountered on Planet Vegeta.

The Slayer was taken aback not only by the boy's lively and benevolent disposition, which contrasts starkly with the cold-blooded demeanor of a Saiyan. But also by the fact that the boy introduced himself as Goku, rather than Kakarot. The Slayer surmised that someone had bestowed a name upon the child and had likely taken him under their wing.

If this were the case, where is the boy's caretaker? It would be reasonable to assume that upon his arrival, the caretaker would have noticed his presence. Alternatively, it is possible that the demon with whom he was recently engaged in a physical altercation may have caused harm to the caretaker prior to his arrival. However, in such a scenario, one would expect to find a deceased individual.

"You know, you're really quiet."

The Doom Slayer looked down at Goku who stared back at him with a wide smile. Goku beamed at the Slayer.

"You're not much of a talker, aren't you?" Goku asked, tilting his head before chomping another bite of his apple and swallowing it down. "It's okay, I understand. My grandpa Gohan once told me, If I ever meet an animal or a person that's shy, I should always take a slow approach and be patient with them."

"..." The Slayer stared at him blankly.

The Slayer firmly grasped the handle of his firearm. Upon encountering Goku, whose name he found to be rather peculiar, the Slayer's initial impulse was to discourage him by brandishing his shotgun in close proximity. Having endured countless ages in the depths of Hell amidst unspeakable company, he was determined to prevent fate from claiming the life of this virtuous and honorable child who had unfortunately crossed his path.

Upon hearing of Goku from his mother Gine, the Slayer regarded him as a paragon of goodness and purity. He believed that Goku was too virtuous and pure to become a warrior and make the necessary sacrifices, which would condemn his soul to eternal damnation by spilling the blood of humanity's enemies and walking the path of perpetual torment. This was a burden that only the Slayer could bear.

He should just leave him and return back to his ship.

"I'm detecting a heat signature in the area; someone is approaching." Vega announced, breaking the peaceful tranquility.

The Slayer turned around and aimed his super-shotgun forward. His eyes fixated on the path from where he entered. Goku got up on his feet and stepped to the Slayer's side.

"Oh, wow," breathed Goku. "So you can talk! A bit weird though, but hey, you talked!"

The Doom Slayer paid no heed to Goku, his finger poised just inches away from the trigger, prepared to unleash a barrage of shells upon whoever dared to approach the end of the path. From behind the trees, all he could discern was a slender, black blur. However, as the blur gradually became more discernible, he lowered his weapon.

At the entrance, the Slayer beheld the visage of a girl. With her hands placed upon her hips, she surveyed her surroundings, as if to confirm her location. Her complexion was of a milky hue, and her hair was a braided ponytail of blue, adorned with a red ribbon. She was attired in a brief pink dress, with capital letters emblazoned upon the center of her bosom. Her footwear consisted of blue sneakers and purple socks. The Slayer's eyes crawled from the girl's face to the capital letters emblazoned on said bosom.