🄻🄾🅅🄴🄲🄰🅃🅂

{Roslyns P.O.V}

Me, Maria, and Jasper were at band practice since the battle of bands was coming up soon.

We formed 'The Lovecats when we were around 15 since we all had to learn instruments since our social workers made us.

Our band is a gothic/ rock type band, which is pretty rare in the battle of bands since everybody has cringe pop bands. Not us though.

"Dude, can we stop? My arms are fucking killing" Jasper groaned, setting his drumsticks down on his basement floor.

"No you pussy, Do you want to mess up and embarrass all of us?" Maria retorted, in her Spanish accent.

The thing about our band is that we're all Hispanic, it's kind of racist how, like, half of our group home was Spanish.

I remember when we got adopted by our parents, I thought I would never see my best friends again until we found out we lived on the same street.

"Earth to Rose?", I heard Jasper speak, making me jump.

"What were you saying?"

"Who are you going to end of year prom with?", He asked, knowing nobody fuckng liked me.

"It's flattering that you think I can pull a guy" I snorted putting down my guitar and sitting in the circle they were both sitting in.

"Girl, you better be joking, Did you see Jude Pierce starting you down? He looked like he wanted to eat you!" Maria laughed, making me and Jasper do the same.

"Jude Pierce? He looks like he's gonna be on 'To Catch A Predator' In 20 years" Jasper joked, making me look at him in shock.

"JASPER!" I giggled.

"I think my mom wants me back, it's getting dark" I announced sadly, I hated leaving them.

"Awe, okay, do you want a ride home?" Maria asked as I shook my head.

"Nah, I'll be okay"

"Whatever you say goober" She huffed, standing up, grabbing my guitar and putting it in the case.

"See you in school tomorrow" Jasper shouted from the floor as Maria hugged me.

"Stay safe," She said.

"Will do!" I replied, walking out of their front door.

I reached into my pocket and pulled out a cigarette and lighter. I know smoking is bad but it's been a habit since a placement I had when I was 14.

"Hey, gorgeous" A male voice taunted me from behind me.

Oh god, I hate it when this happens. I sped up in an attempt to get him to back up but he just followed.

"Come on baby, let me take you out" He grinned walking in front of me.

"Dude, fuck off now" I snarled.

"Don't play hard to get it will just make this harder" He sneered, grabbing my arms.

"Get the fuck away from her" Another male voice growled.

"And you are?" The bad man asked, releasing me.

"Her boyfriend" The male responded, grabbing me by my waist, and making the other guy walk off.

"Are you okay? I'm Johnnie, I live down the street" He introduced himself

"Yeah I'm good, thanks for that, Oh I'm Roslyn by the way" I huffed, brushing myself off.

"Like the song?" He asked confusing me until I realised.

"The Bon Iver one?"

"Yeah" He responded, there was an awkward silence.

"Want me to walk you home?" Johnnie questioned, breaking the short silence.

I nodded as we started walking, lighting up another cigarette as mine dropped.

"That's bad for you" He stated the obvious.

"Bad habit" I mumbled, not realising we were already at my house.

"Thank you for that, really" I thanked.

"No problem, I'm here if you need me" He smiled a toothy grin.

He waved as I walked into my house and headed upstairs.

I guess Maddie and Paul were on another business trip, as always. I crawled into my bed and turned off the lamp until I fell asleep...

A/N: Chapter 1 complete! Don't forget to vote<3