one.

AFFECTION
chapter 01 — race track

BLAIR WALKED INTO SCIENCE class, pulling down her red and white cheer skirt

BLAIR WALKED INTO SCIENCE class, pulling down her red and white cheer skirt. her and irene had walked around the school once, and were both almost late to their first classes.

"and blair." the teacher said, checking off blair's name.

blair sat in her assigned seat, her arms crossed. once the bell rang the teacher began talking, sitting in his chair.

"so class, to start off the new unit i will like you all to work in duos and do a science project just so we aren't starting off with a boring packet.

"except i've already chosen the projects and the groups for you. before i assign you all you're partners, here is the assignment."

he walked around, handing an instruction paper. "this is mostly a free project, just a few mandatory things i had to add. no writing, i swear. use what we learned about the combination of gravity and mass to make a race car track for a small toy car."

the teacher droned on a bit, blair just wanting him to get to the partners so she could decide if she wanted to cry or not.

"and finally here are the groups."

"maia and jane."

"simon and nia."

"josh and craig."

"blair and dylan."

blair heard her heart drop at the sound of dylan's name after hers. it was a joke...it had to be a joke. right?"

she shot her hand up, "sir, are..are you joking. i can not be paired with dylan. you might as well fail me." blair complained.

"and i can't be paired with blair. she's so...her!" dylan said and blair shot him a dirty look.

"these partnerships are final, i will not be changing them." he said, and continued to read off the groups.

the girl next to her moved, going to her partner ad dylan got up sitting in the now empty seat next to blair.

"okay! you may start brainstorming ideas and supplies, and maybe distributing jobs!"

blair and dylan turned to each other, letting out annoyed sighs before turning away.

"i see you've copied my outfit." dylan said, looking at blair's cheer uniform.

"well who's fault is it i have to wear this damn uniform. besides i look better." blair said.

"oh please, girls love my outfit. black sweatpants, black hoodie and my jersey over it. they're all staring." dylan said.

"everyone but freaking me." blair said, shoving dylan over.

"don't touch me with your infected hands." he said shoving her shoulder.

"infected with what huh?"

"your attitude."

"oh you little son of a-"

blair and dylan started to talk over each other, arguing.

"mr. hoffman, ms. kimura! stop childishly arguing and just brainstorm like everyone else in this class is doing."

"yes mr. jones." the two grumbled a basic apology.

dylan and blair was quiet, until blair spoke. "so what do you think we should use for our project?"

"i don't know. cardboard?" dylan suggested.

"everyone's gonna be using that, too basic." blair said.

"then what metal, like i don't know what else we can use blair.

"well for one, we're not living in project mc square. and you're just being difficult."

they went silent again, turning away from each other as they once again couldn't agree on something.

"okay we can...use popsicle sticks and maybe use a bit of cardboard for some parts." blair said finally.

dylan laughed, "that's not possible. it's gonna collapse." he debated. "actually it is. it's literally just a toy car."

"no it's not, it still has density and mass. you're gonna make us fail."

"i've never failed this class, and i can assure you we won't hoffman. i'm sorry you make other kids do you're work for you so you won't be on academic probation." blair snapped.

"me? weren't you in the sidelines for a game?" dylan said.

"yeah i was injured? how am i supposed to tumble if my wrist was fractured." blair said.

"well i played with my toe broken." dylan shrugged. "and you ended up in a boot for a month..til the end of the season. remember that?" blair said.

"and i still looked good in it." dylan said, smirking.

"you're an asshole."

"thank you."

nayah speaks !!

aww! so cute!

(they're gonna kill each other)