twelve.

AFFECTION
chapter 12 — dylan the jerk

AFFECTIONchapter 12 — dylan the jerk

"BRO WHAT IF I LIKE GO SPLATT." dylan said as he put on his ice skates. "you just spent hours getting tackled and going splatt so you'll be fine hoffman stop complaining." blair said.

"that was on grass, does that look like grass to you?" dylan said, pointing at the ice rink.

"just admit your being a wuss, it's not even that scary." blair said.

"okay you too, let's all just have a good time." ryan said.

"seriously, we just won against the team we've lost to for the past 12 years. so put aside your rivalry and just have fun, you can go back to hating each other tomorrow." irene said.

"whatever." blair said, starting to go on the ice. ryan, irene, and dylan followed her, all slightly struggling.

blair spun a bit on the ice, and then spotting the three behind her who were gripping onto the wall for dear life.

"blair since when did you know how to ice skate?" irene asked.

"dude i was a trained ice skater way before i started doing cheer." blair said.

"well can you teach us?" ryan asked. blair hummed, tapping her finger against the side of her face.

"i like watching you guys struggle, it's making me happy." blair smiled.

"you're so annoying." dylan spat. "thanks hoffman."

they continued to ice skate, dylan, irene, and irene falling too many times to count, and blair laughing at them.

eventually they were in the rink for an hour and a half, and ryan had gotten the hand of it and was trying to guide his girlfriend.

dylan sat on the floor, extremely defeated. blair came back from spinning and skating fast around the rick, and stopped in front of him while pushing some ice onto dylan's face.

"such an ass kimura." dylan said wiping the ice off his face.

blair chuckled, "get up." she said. "what?" "i said get up, i'm gonna help you."

"since you claim you help in this rivalry and i do nothing, i guess i'll change that just so you can shut up." blair said.

dylan slowly got up, wobbling. "kimura i'm about to bust my ass." he said.

"you won't, i got you." blair said, holding dylan's arms so he stayed still.

"okay, so you can get used to moving, move your feet in and out." blair instructed.

"i know you're dumb kimura but you know i can't do that."

"just try! stop being lame."

dylan started to move his feet, slipping and moving while using blair as support.

all he could think out was how stupid he looked, and how did was different than the snarky dylan blair saw all the time.

"hey look your getting the hang of it!" blair said as she looked down at dylan's feet.

"am i actually?"

"yeah you're doing something right for once." blair said letting go of dylan's arms.

"bl - kimura! don't let go!" dylan said, loosing his balance.

he reached out for blair, and just ended up bringing blair down with him.

they landed roughly on the ice, blair rolling around in annoyance.

"gosh that hurts." she said. "now you know how it feels when we kept falling." dylan spoke.

blair moved her head and looked at dylan, "you're so damn annoying."

she sat up, taking out her phone that was buzzing. an alarm was going off, and blair gasped when she realized what it was for.

"my sister is going to be home from her away game soon, shoot." blair said, worry on her face.

irene, dylan, and ryan all got out irene's mom's car, irene holding a bag of jack in the box in her hand. "yo i can walk here from my house. has blair always lived here?" dylan said.

"yes...for like 11 years?" irene said, turning to the boy confused. she shook her head and then knocked on blair's door.

"coming!" blair's voice was heard inside, and she went over and opened the door.

"some jack and a box for my favorite girl." irene said, holding out the bag to blair.

"thank you rene, your a life saver. hope i didn't take up skating time." blair said taking the bag.

"nope, we were leaving when you texted." irene said.

"hey ryan, hoffman." blair said to the guys. "hey blair." ryan said back.

"kimura. hello to you too. never knew you lived so close." dylan said.

"i wonder why." blair said. "hey, don't sass me and all. i'm only here cause i'm sleeping over at ryan's." he siad.

blair sighed, "okay. not in the mood, you can be a bitch later."

"who are you calling a bitch? we're here to give you food."

"who's we. you're just here to be here, you're the shit so shut up."

"you're literally the one who's been begging ur best friend to buy you food for 3 days straight. you do it in the middle of your practice and i hear you all the time!"

blair stood there, in shock of what dylan just said. he didn't know why she was asking irene for food, and he completely violated her.

"dylan, what the hell." irene said to him. "look dylan, i know you hate me, but you also don't know me. i have bad shit going on in my house, so before you say shit like that, check yourself." blair said, slamming the door and leaving the three teens on her porch.

"you don't know what's going on in her life you can't just say shit like that." irene said, hitting dylan's shoulder.

"rene." ryan said, putting his hands on irene's waist in case he had to stop her.

"geez, how was i supposed to know." dylan said as they walked back to irene's mom's car.

"maybe if you looked around, if you acknowledged her for other than a insult target for once."

the three got in the car, irene's arms crossed as she sat at the end next to ryan.

"what problems does she have anyway?" dylan said.

"i don't think she would want you knowing, but she just has to balance taking care of two people not including herself, school, and cheer. so sometimes she just needs me to bring her some food because she's tired from practice, and in this case she was too tired to cook, and i'll never say no." irene said.

"oh." dylan said sighing, "yeah man, you were definitely in the wrong." ryan said.

dylan felt horrible, he never felt horrible for blair. he hated her, he always has. but he brought up something that was actually was way more than it seemed, and that simply made him a bad person.

"see now i feel like a jerk." dylan said, slouched in the seat.

"glad you realize that.." irene muttered.

nayah speaks !!

dyloser asf.