thirteen.

AFFECTION
chapter 13apologies and sandwiches

AFFECTIONchapter 13 — apologies and sandwiches

BLAIR CLOSED THE DOOR OF HER house, locking it. it was another school day, and especially after what happened with dylan she didn't want to go more than usual.

she crossed her arms in front of her sweater, starting on her way to school.

"blair! blair hey!" someone's voice called out.

blair turned, seeing dylan running up to her. she scoffed and then continued to walk.

"hey." he said once he caught up to her, breathing heavily.

"hey." she said back quietly as her and dylan started walking slowly.

"you aren't driving with your friends and mom today." blair said, looking back for them.

"no, i told my mom i had something to take care off."

"oh."

"it's what happened last night, i- im uh..sorry blair. i didn't know you were going through stuff like that...stuff in general. always thought you were a smart pretty cheerleader, you know..stuck up."

"irene didn't tell me by the way, she told me a gist but not the details, she just said you're taking care of two people plus yourself and juggling other things. so don't get mad at her."

blair scoffed, "you thought i was stuck up." she said to dylan.

"i guess." he said laughing. "that's such a dumb assumption." blair said laughing too.

"and pretty? you thought i was pretty?" she smirked.

"thought. in the past, now you're just annoying." dylan said.

"and you're not?" blair said to him, crossing her arms tighter thanks to the cold.

"absolutely not." dylan shook his head. "alright dylan whatever helps you sleep at night."

"dylan? alright blair."

"that was weird."

"yeah i know kimura."

they continued to walk, a comfortable silence amongst them.

"wanna share airpods? i'm listening to-"

"frank ocean."

blair and dylan spoke at the same time, shocking dylan.

"how'd you know?" dylan asked. "you blast it every morning in your mom's car, you guys past by me every morning and it irritates me." blair said.

"so sorry, we're not considerate." dylan said opening his airpod case.

"yeah i know."

dylan cleaned the airpod and then handed it to blair, who put it in her left ear.

he started the song, and blair nodded at him. "pink matter, great choice." she said.

dylan smiled, and then brought up a conversation starter for the two to talk about as they continued to walk to school.

-

blair and irene were sitting at their usual lunch table, eating the chicken tenders that were being served.

"your outfit's really cute b. i might have to do another closet raid." irene said.

"thanks, i've been bringing out the rest my fall clothes lately, since it's october and all." blair said, looking at her light brown sweater, jeans, and brown converse.

"i love your fall clothes, or might i say..our fall clothes."

blair laughed, dipping a chicken tender into honey mustard and taking another bite.

suddenly dylan came over to their table, taking a seat across from the girls. "hey blair, hey irene." dylan said.

blair felt a tingle going down her body, she had never heard dylan say hi to her since 7th grade, or even say her name.

"hey dylan whats up?" blair said. "well, ryan and i are planning on hanging out at the sandwich place that just opened nearby, and of course he wants his girlfriend there and i don't want to third wheel if i can help it so..you guys both wanna come?" dylan asked.

blair and irene looked at each other, and then back and dylan. "you know we both have practice today? we have a game next week thursday, and hoco is literally in a few weeks." blair said.

"oh no it got canceled, there's gonna be a thunderstorm tonight."dylan said. "and you guys want to go out still?" blair said.

"have a little fun blair stop being lame." dylan said.

"i'm being logical, not lame. don't you think it's a bit dangerous?" blair said.

"isn't everything a bit dangerous?" dylan said, leaning across the table to blair, a smirk on his face.

they held eye contact for a few seconds, blair feeling like she was going to explode. she hadn't felt this type of tension in a long time, hadn't felt this type of tension with dylan.

"we'll let you know, bye hoffman." blair said shoving him back. "back to last names?"

"bye dylan."

dylan got up, walking back to the table with ryan and a bunch of other football kids.

"well that had a lot of tension didn't it? i bet you someone split ends could cut through it." irene said.

"irene what are you talking about?"

irene scoffed, "dude he wanted to kiss you! he wanted to just go smooch right then and there!"

"ew stop it! me and him are frenemies now, after the crap he said to me last night, we resolved it this morning."

"we haven't a resolved all of our problems, but that was a big one so we're frenemies. not friends not enemies, right in the middle. and i know i say that we could've never been more than enemies but now i'm saying we can never be more than frenemies."

"ok blair whatever you say." irene said with an unconvinced look on her face.

"rene stop!"

"i didn't do anything!"

nayah speaks!

can't wait to write their frenemies era