fourteen.

AFFECTION
chapter 14 effect of anxiety

"BLAIR, WHY DIDN'T YOU COME OUT with us yesterday

"BLAIR, WHY DIDN'T YOU COME OUT with us yesterday. it was so fun, and ryan and irene were all up on each other, so also not fun." dylan said as he and blair walked to the football field.

"i was busy sorry."

dylan looked over at blair, worried since she didn't shoot him a playful insult. he saw scratches on her face, and blair looked paler than she ever did.

"hey are you okay?" he asked, leaning over to meet her face. "yeah, tired. it was a long day you know." blair moved her hair to cover the scratches on the side of her face.

"oh, hopefully cheer cheers you up. get it, cause it's cheer." dylan said, expecting a "that was your worst joke yet." from blair.

instead she nodded, and then walked away from him to the track around the football field to meet the rest of the cheer girls.

dylan watched her as she went straight to her coach, asking her a question and then her coach went into her bag and handed her a bandaid.

his eyes didn't leave her, seeing if he could find anything else that was abnormal about blair. he watched as she put the bandaid over her scratches, and the put her hair up for practice.

"hoffman! come on." the football coach yelled, forcing dylan to snap out his thoughts and go over to his team.

"you guys are going to take two laps, and then we're gonna do a tire drill, and then we're gonna run some plays."

"yes coach." the boys all said, a drag slightly in their voices.

"let's go let's go!" their coach yelled out again, blowing his whistle.

dylan jogged over to ryan, who was waiting for him so the best friends could take their laps together.

ryan and dylan started to run together, not going to fast but not too slow that they would get yelled at by their coach.

"hey have you seen anything different about blair?" dylan asked as they jogged.

"no? and no offense but i don't pay attention to blair like that. she's my girlfriend's best friend."

"yeah but, we're all together after school. they're literally right there." dylan said gesturing to across the track.

"either way, irene and i both said to not get distracted by each other when we're at practice." ryan said.

dylan sighed, "why do you have to be in a happy relationship. and i can't even like someone without me thinking their using me for the fame i've been getting."

"blair wouldn't though, she could care less. the only thing she would use me for is someone to chase around school."

ryan just shrugged, and they went onto the grass and ran past the girls they were just talking about.