three.

AFFECTION
chapter 03 — teamwork

DYLAN AND BLAIR SAT NEXT TO each other, their materials in front of them on the lab table

"i think we should make something like this." dylan said, showing blair a really complex race track that had a bunch of curves and different components.

blair looked at him with an annoyed face, "are you trying to make us fail." she said to him.

"no, i'm trying to make our track not basic, you literally said you didn't want it to be basic." dylan spoke.

"well don't make it so not basic to the point where we can't build it at all." blair snapped.

"then you give us an idea then, since mine sucks. it's great just so you know." dylan said.

blair took out her phone, showing him a phone of a slightly complex, and cool looking but still easy track.

dylan looked closely at it, then sat back staring at blair.

"that's..that's actually really good." he said slowly.

"good job kimura."

"whatever." blair said, getting up and organizing their materials.

the plugged the hot glue into the nearby outlet, putting the reference photo on the table.

"how the hell do you just have like 100 popsicle sticks laying around." dylan said, picking them up and dropping them back on the table.

"my little sister does arts and crafts, so my mom is always buying shit like that." blair responded.

"you have a little sister?"

"i have a little sister who is in 6th grade, she's 11. and then my older brother is a junior in college."

dylan laughed, "ha you're a middle child." "and you're the youngest, also known as the jerk. it shows." blair said.

he rolled his eyes, getting more annoyed by the girl.

"so, do we have to do the start. like the high part where the cars go from?" dylan said, zooming in on the photo.

"yeah, we can use these." blair said holding up too paper towel rolls.

"we can cut them, and put little squares of cardboard in between them as we stack." dylan said.

"yeah that would work." blair agreed, nodding.

they started to cut the rolls in half, and then getting squares of cardboard.

"you know, we make a pretty good team kimura." dylan said as him and blair made the 4 podiums to hold up the base.

"don't push it hoffman."

"ryan heard from dylan that you guys didn't argue while working together today

"ryan heard from dylan that you guys didn't argue while working together today." irene said as they sat in lunch.

"that's only because we had separate jobs. we didn't have to talk." blair said, eating the dumplings she had made the night before.

"it's still progress babe. soon enough me, you, ryan, and dylan will be going on double dates every other weekend." irene smiled.

blair looked at her best friend weirdly. "why're you so passionate about this all of a sudden. you weren't being a pain like this last year, the beginning of the school year. rene...do you know something i dont..."

"no what! i just think you guys would be a powerful couple." irene said.

"think about it. star wide receiver dylan hoffman with star tumbler blair kimura. it's perfect! not only are you the amazing duo of football and cheer...you're one of the only roles people know."

"what are you talking about."

"people who don't know football ever only know quarterbacks and wide receivers..occasionally line backers. people who don't know cheer only know flyers and tumblers, occasionally bases. you're a tumbler, he's a wide reciever. you're literally meant for each other!"

"are you saying that because you're a base and ryan's a line backer." blair said nonchalantly. irene looked around, "maybe.."

"irene!"

"it's a good example! come on you know i'm right." irene said.

"rene i love you. but dylan and i are best off as enemies. it would be weird." blair said.

"no you're weird, and stubborn. i can't wait til i'm right." irene smiled, and blair rolled her eyes.

nayah speaks !!

short chapter.