eight.

AFFECTION
chapter 08 — reality of blair

"BLAIR YOURE HOME!" ADDY, BLAIR'S little sister said when blair came back from eating out with some of her cheer friends and irene

"hey." blair said hugging her sister, multitasking looking around the house.

"i was so scared, nobody was home when i was got back from soccer." addy said again.

"really? mom said she was going to be home today, she was home when i left this morning." blair said.

"i think she lied again." addy sighed, of course she did.

"well i got you some chicken tenders and fries from the restaurant, so eat up, i'll be home in time tomorrow to make dinner too." blair said putting the bag on the table.

"thank you blair." addy went to the table, and then turned on the tv to start eating.

blair sighed, taking off her shoes and then walked upstairs to her room.

"why would i believe her, why would she be home. you're an idiot blair." she muttered to herself as she sat on her bed.

she plugged in her phone, taking out some pajamas and then hopping in the shower.

as she let the warm body hit her skin blair suddenly got in her feels, thinking about every last thing.

like how she was going to have to start cooking more often, and still practice her cheer routines, balance school, while having time for herself.

or how she had to finish her science project with shitlan shitman, or how that one girl on her cheer team is pissing her off.

blair was stressed, but she didn't care. she just had to push it aside because there were priorities she had, and her bering stressed or not isn't one of them.

"whatever." she said, finishing her 20 minute shower and then putting on her pajamas.

she saw her sister laughing at whatever she was watching, and blair smiled, just glad her little sister was happy.

blair went back into her room, looking on her phone and seeing that her dad had sent her $250.

she smiled, thanking her dad with a few hearts. even though he left her, hee mom, and her sister, he still cared for them, sending them money and whatever they needed.

blair didn't blame him, she and her sister loved her father. he only left because her mom was getting to drunk, and was starting to go mad, and when he tried to get full custody of the girls in the divorce..their mom switched the story around and made him seem like the villian.

so now blair and addy were stuck with their drunkie of a mom, going out to clubs, parties every two seconds, and not even unemployed so she spent the child support on herself.

irene's name popped up on blair's phone, causing her to forget everything she was talking about and
answer the facetime call that was coming through.

"what's up rene." blair said laying back into her bed.

"you will not believe what i just heard." irene said with a panicked look on her face.

"can't believe it if you don't tell me." blair said. "okay...ryan heard from jay who heard from yolanda who heard from teagan who heard from easton who heard from grace who is on student council that they're changing the time of the pep rally from 3rd period to after school."

"and coach doesn't know yet but my guess is now we're not wearing our uniforms to school and we gonna have to wear practice clothes so that we can practice maybe like 5th period." irene ranted.

blair's jaw dropped, "i had the cutest outfit planned out tomorrow...i- i can't come to school in practice clothes!"

"and...oh my gosh...i can't go to that pep rally." blair said closing her eyes.

"blair, what no! not only are you the only person i really like on that team, the crowd loves your flips..and it's the whole school." irene said.

"well addy's soccer practices end at 4 o'clock and that rally is gonna end at like four-thirty for sure. i need to be there before 4 irene, i don't want my little sister home alone, even for thirty minute..not counting the 25 it takes me to walk home."

irene sighed, and a silence came over the two. suddenly irene spoke up, "addy takes the late bus home right?"

"yeah, why?"

"well my brother has football and my mom picks him up, and all the sports at the elementary school end at the same time. i can ask my mom if she can get your sister and take her to my house and then she can get us from the peprally and since it's friday you guys can sleepover or go home."

"rene, i love you. but you've done so much for me with everything and i-"

"and you nothing. blair your my best friend, and honestly im pretty privileged and you have a lot going on so im always going to help you. it's my job and your best friend." irene said.

"everyone needs a irene in their life.." blair smiled. "lucky for you, you have this one." irene laughed.

nayah speaks !!

no dylan, needed a little insight of blair's life

i love blair and irene btw guys