▬▬▬▬ 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒀𝒆𝒍𝒆𝒏𝒂 𝒂𝒄𝒄𝒆𝒑𝒕𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒓𝒆 𝒈𝒐𝒏𝒆

🗒 ❛ HEADCANNON ༉‧₊˚✧

TIMELINE。˚ ⁀➷ Hawkeye series

WARNING。˚ ⁀➷ Angst, Mentions of drinking

PAIRING。˚ ⁀➷ Mentions of Yelena Belova x Y/N Dmitri

SUMMARY。˚ ⁀➷ Yelena returns to her apartment after sparing Clint's life. She is left to wallow in her own self-pity, wanting nothing more than her sister and her lover.

 She is left to wallow in her own self-pity, wanting nothing more than her sister and her lover

꧁꧂

The door of the apartment banged open as Yelena barged in, kicking it close with her foot.

Her emotions were in a mix, agony choking her and making it hard for her to breathe. She wanted to break something, anything to take away the pain brewing in her chest.

Sparing Clint Barton's life didn't do anything to ease her broken heart. And when he revealed about your and Nat's death, revealed how deeply he too was hurt with both yours and Nat's death, she couldn't bring it in herself to kill him.

Yelena tossed her Black Widow mask to the side, barging into the kitchen. She pulled open the cabinet and grabbed a bottle of vodka. Uncapping it, she downed the liquid in a gulp, grimacing at the burning sensation it produced.

Her eyes burned with unshed tears and blinked them back, tipping her head back. No, she wouldn't cry. Never.

One hand reached behind her head and she undid her braids, letting them screen her face.

Yelena carded a hand through her hair, face twisting in a cry as a sob escaped her lips and she took a long sip from the bottle again.

She couldn't breathe. The pain. It was suffocating her. Her heart did the weird tugging thing that hurt so much. 

Yelena placed a needle on the record that was already set and let the music play in the room. She walked over to sit back on the couch, leaning back on it.

Her vision was blurred by the tears pooling in her eye line, lips trembling in sorrow.

The player gave out static noises until it finally began playing the song, "And they were singing, bye-bye. Miss American Pie,"

Yelena gave a choked laugh, hating and loving the memories this song brought up.

Alexie was singing the lines of the song in an attempt to cheer you both back in Melina's safehouse, "Drove my Chevy to the levee, But the levee was dry,"

"Them good old boys," a tear rolled down Yelena's cheek and you placed a hand on her knee, making her turn to you.

"Drinking whiskey. Singing," The blonde's eyes conveyed the emotions she didn't say.

"This will be the day that I die," the record player tuned.

"This will be the day that I die," Yelena lip-synced the lyrics, staring at the ceiling emotionlessly as a hot tear rolled down her temple.

↠━━━━ღ◆ღ━━━━↞