08

' but there are also consequences for your team. if your team loses the round then you got to cook dinner for yourselves and your team captain will have to spend the night in jail. let's play filly's pass the punishment '

the room erupted in applause as filly gracefully lifted the sheet from the table, unveiling a mesmerizing spinning wheel adorned with a vibrant touch of red.

the anticipation filled the air as the timer started ticking. the stakes were high, for if the wheel landed on red when time ran out, it would spell defeat for the unlucky soul it pointed to.

' all right , up first we're going to have madam joyce vs maeve '

joyce and i exchanged glances as we rose from our seats.

filly's mischievous smile hinted at something extraordinary, and as the veil of mystery lifted, we were greeted with the sight of a glistening platter of jellied eel.

the room buzzed with a mix of curiosity and trepidation, but i couldn't help but feel a surge of determination.

even if our team faced the possibility of losing this round, the challenge seemed approachable, almost weightless. with a deep breath, i knew i had the confidence to take it on.

' the timer starts now. what's the person who carries a golfers bag of clubs called? ' filly turned to joyce, knowing it was her turn to take the spotlight. he asked joyce because she was up first.

' a caddy ' joyce nailed the question with her answer, and he confirmed that she was correct. this led to me being the next one to answer.

' which song by luis fonsi has the most views on youtube of all time ' filly posed a question to me, and i was completely clueless.

without dwelling on it, we swiftly moved on to the next question for me to tackle.

' in greek mythology , whose weakness was their heel ' he fired off another question, and in an instant, i had the answer at the tip of my tongue.

' achilles 'without hesitation, i confidently responded, eager to show off my knowledge.

' which watch company has a pointed crown as its logo ' filly directed his question towards joyce this time, eagerly awaiting her response.

' rolex ' joyce spoke with unwavering confidence, her words ringing out assuredly.

she aced it, which meant it was my turn to take a shot at answering a question.

' who famously gave the ' i have a dream ' speech in 1963 ' this question was a piece of cake, and i had the answer right off the bat.

' martin luther king jr '

' which pop singer sang the hit i kissed a girl '
the question was a no-brainer, and joyce clearly had it in the bag.

' katy perry '

' which operating system does a google pixel phone use ' i was completely stumped on that one, so i took a wild guess with 'samsung,' but it turned out to be wrong. so i had to tackle another question.

' who is the prime minister of the uk '

' rishi sunak ' i grinned ear to ear as i confidently uttered my answer, knowing i nailed it.

' what popular young adult book series sends tributes to participate in a televised competition in which they fight to the death '

if he had asked me that, i would've been completely clueless, and it was obvious that joyce didn't know either.

' what type of race is the tour of france '

' bicycle race ' she said it with unwavering confidence, as if she had all the answers in the world.