46

we were called to the challenge area with a mix of excitement and anticipation. as we entered, my eyes were immediately drawn to a table filled with a variety of dishes, signaling that it was an eating challenge. i

i couldn't help but joke with kaci, saying " delicious and nutritious " with a playful smirk, knowing that the food was probably going to be gross.

sugar host then announced that " kaci, maeve and fu izzy yesterday u won immunity from the public vote. today you will be competing for immunity for your fellow housemates. whoever makes it furthest in the challenge will save their partner from elimination. fu izzy you will be competing for ash. kaci you will be competing for george and maeve you will be competing for danny. i hope you hungry "

as we prepared for the challenge, i found myself sitting on the floor, mentally getting ready. that's when danny, my partner, came down to my level, placing his hands on my shoulders.

he looked into my eyes and said, " if you can't do anything, don't worry. but i'd like to stay. as long as you do your best, i don't care. but if you don't do fucking anything. fuming "

it was such a supportive and reassuring moment. we hugged for a few seconds, and then i promised him, " even if it's tough, just know that i'm going to vomit a lot and my eyes will be teary. but i'm doing it for you. "

his smile in response warmed my heart, and with that, the challenge was about to begin.

we were all sitting down, and kaci tried to motivate me, fu, and herself because we were about to eat some horror food.

she said, " alright guys, this is for all of you. you've all got this, stay strong " but then george aggressively interrupted, saying, " shut up, kaci. shut up, kaci. " 

kaci defended herself, saying, " i'm tryna help them out, mate." but george fired back, " shut up. i will be sick in both of your directions, "

even though he wasn't the one eating. he was just being mean. i gave him a dirty look, and he knew i was angry at him.

suddenly, sugar's voice came over the speakers, saying, "housemates, please reveal your first course. "

we all revealed a raw onion, and we tried to convince each other that it wasn't that bad. i mustered up the courage to put it in my mouth, and oh my goodness, the smell was overwhelming.

i started gagging, and it was the smell that was getting to me. danny, being the supportive partner he is, said, " you're chilling, vee. don't think about it, you're calm. " but i kept almost throwing up, and danny admitted, " i'm scared. i don't wanna sit here. "

fu was the first to finish his onion, and then it was a race between me and danny. kaci and george were still struggling. kaci, being a good sport, said, " well done, guys. we have got this "

when it was time for the next round of challenges, we were all on edge, wondering what crazy thing we would have to eat this time. and when we unveiled the dish and saw those dried crickets staring back at us, it was like something out of a horror movie.

kaci growing up being a youtuber and all, had actually encountered these little critters before. she had them as a punishment for failing a challenge in one of her videos.

so, she tried to reassure me, saying, " hey , i've had these before, they're not that bad. they're just bugs, you know? they might get stuck in your teeth, but that's about it " i have to admit, her confidence gave me a sliver of hope that maybe it wouldn't be as terrible as it seemed.

with trembling hands, i picked up a spoon and carefully scooped up one of those dried crickets. as i brought it closer to my mouth, danny, shouted, " light work, light work, veeee! "