Dec. 3 - Decorating

A/N (a short one so you can get on with the story :3)

today is my mom's birthday! (btw i'm writing this 5 days before her actual b-day)

so, since I write a chapter basically everyday, chapter 5 (the chapter I'm going to write on my mom's birthday) is going to be a short chapter so I can spend time with my mom :) just letting you know! now on with the story!!

    ° ° °

Green woke up with a sense of pure bliss as he jumped out of bed. He opened the curtains to let in the sunshine, and skipped downstairs.

"Morning, Purple! What's up?" Green walked over to the counter and pulled out a mug from the cabinet, filling it with boiling water and setting a tea bag inside it.

"The ceiling." Purple grinned, glancing up from stroking Midnight, "But seriously, nothing much. Sleep well?"

"Yup! Slept good enough to start putting up the decorations any minute now.." Green set down his mug of tea, looking around. "Where's the decorations?"

"Oh, I just put them over there when we got back," Purple replied, pointing at the bags hidden next to the couch. He set Midnight onto the ground, getting up. Purple went over to the paper bags and picked them up. "When your friends wake up, we can start decorating!"

Just as he said that, Green heard someone storming down the stairs. Turning around, he saw Red coming down, buzzing with excitement.

"Hi Green! Hi Purple! Can you guys believe it's almost Christmas? Only 22 more days!" He announced, practically glowing.
"Only! And we haven't even gotten to decorating!" He smiled before going to a cabinet to get a piece of bread, then putting it in the toaster and pulling the lever down.

Soon, Yellow and Blue came down the stairs too, chatting about what they were going to do that day. "Hey guys! What do you want for breakfast today?" Blue asked them as Yellow sat down on the couch.

"You can take a break today. I'm already drinking tea and that's good enough for me," Green replied, shrugging, taking another sip.

The toaster dinged, and Red rushed over, plucking it out and munching on it happily.

"Okay, great! I'll just make some scrambled eggs for me and Yellow then." Blue found a nonstick pan and grabbed four eggs from the refrigerator. Meanwhile, Yellow had placed a bowl on the counter and Blue cracked all four eggs into the bowl and whisked it all together until it was just the right color.

"Wow, you guys work fast," Purple commented as Yellow put a piece of bread into the toaster and started cutting up some avocados from the fruit bowl.

"Thanks! We've done this before..." Blue responded, going over to the stove.

He put it on low heat before pouring the egg into the nonstick pan, while he used a spatula to move the egg around, "You see, putting it on high heat makes the scrambled eggs come out better," Blue explained to no one, shifting the eggs.

Yellow nudged Purple's shoulder, "Yeah, a real expert is talking here." Purple gave Yellow a knowing look.

"Did you hear what I said? Putting it on high heat  makes the scrambled eggs.. wait a minute. Did I say high heat. .? I meant low heat." An embarrassed smile rose on Blue's face. Yellow grinned, already knowing the mistake he said.

"Anyways Purple, where's Mango? I thought you said he was-" Yellow started, but they heard something toppling down the stairs.

"Ugghhh, that hurt a lot. I hate mornings." TSC mumbled getting up. Green went over to him, helping him up.