Dec. 17 - Shopping (Red & TSC)

quick a/n

is this what being on the grind is like? hmmm...

Red's POV:

Red stepped into the mall beside TSC, the warmth engulfing them from the harsh cold that was outside.

"Do you wanna start on the first floor or the top floor?" Red asked TSC as they strolled through, looking through the different display cases.

"First floor! But it's not like I really mind," TSC replied. They parted their ways, Red going up the escalator and TSC going into one of the furniture stores.

Oh lord I hope he doesn't get distracted by all the beds... Red thought worridly, arriving at the front of the store.

Hmm, wait, who was I supposed to get a gift for? Oh yeah, Purple! He's so nice.

Red swung the door open as he entered. A rosemary green colored stick figure waved to him with a kind smile, "Hi!"

"Hey." Red smiled back, entering into the nearest aisle.

All of these don't seem Purple, I feel like he'd like something more practical... or cute! Red strolled through the aisle with his hands in his pockets, scanning the shelves.

He turned a corner and was met with.. lamps?

A lamp aisle? In a crafts store? That's kinda odd.. maybe they're trying to go for a different kind of aesthetic.

"Uhh, excuse me." Red shuffled by a bubblegum and lavender colored toddlers, who were staring wide-eyed at a unicorn lamp.

The bubblegum colored toddler left, then came back, dragging a magenta stick figure.

"Mommy, mommy! Can we pweeaaseee get that unicorn?" the toddler jumped up and down along the mothers arm.

"Yeah, she's so pwetty," the lavender colored toddler added, grabbing it.

Awww, they're so cute! Red thought, inspecting the shelves before him.

Oh my god, I think this is it! This is perfect! He snatched a light off the shelf.

A cat in an astronaut suit that glows? I deem this, bootiful! Red hugged it happily before walking out of the aisle.

But before he could even do that, he heard a high pitched scream.

His head whipped around, looking for the source of the sound.

Oh man, I didn't know that toddlers could scream that loud, he thought, going over to the bubblegum colored child.

Even though the child was kicking, screaming, and crying, Red still pried her away from the mother.

"BUT I WANT TWOOOOOOOOO," she screamed, her arms flailing.

The mother took her out of Red's arms, giving him a grateful look.

"Thank you," she whispered to him before bringing her child to the bathroom.

Probably so that she can calm her down, Red thought, entering the check out line. He was met with the same rosemary colored stick figure.

"Hey again!" Red waved as he gave the light to him.

Rosemary checked the light out, "Hey! Love what you got. Cute too. Is it a gift?" He looked over at Red.

"Actually yeah! How'd you know?" Red looked at him with feigned suspicion.

Rosemary put his hands into the air, "Don't worry! I'm not stalking you or anything." He chuckled.

"Okay, that'll be $17.99," he continued.

Red checked his wallet, counting a five dollar bill, another five dollar bill, and.. wait a second.... where was that 20 he put in there?!

"Uhh sorry, I'm just double checking..." Red trailed off, attempting to hide his panic.

It definitely wasn't helping that there were also people behind him, probably talking about how slow he was.

There was a light tap on Red's shoulder.

"Hey, do you need an extra $10? I have one."

Red looked over at his savior.

It was the magenta colored mother with her two toddlers from before!

"Oh, thank you so much, ma'am, you're a life saver," Red gushed, taking the $10 bill.

"Don't worry about it! I get what it's like to forget a few dollars," she said, chuckling at Red's gratefulness.

Red thanked her again before exiting the store, putting the item in a bag. He went over to the entrance of the store and waited for TSC to come back over.

for reference, this is what the cat looked like :3

    ° ° °

624 words <33

I'll probably write TSC's POV when I have the chance ^^

you'll have to find out later what TSC got for Red ;)

(started + finished Sunday dec. 17)