Dec. 23 - Gingerbread House Competition

"Okay, so does everyone know the rules now?"

"Yep!" - red

"Yessir." -green

"Uhh, could you repeat them one more time?"- tsc

Mango sighed and crossed his arms.

"Okay, so the rules are that you can't interfere with anybody's gingerbread house or else you are automatically eliminated. What you can do is use food that isn't included in the gingerbread house. For example, the mini candy canes-" Mango pointed to an open cabinet. "-or the Hershey kisses."

Mango looked around at all the excited faces.

"You also have to be able to do it in 1 hour and 30 minutes. And.. that's about it! Does everybody have their partners?"

Red lifted one of TSC's arms.

"Me and TSC are ready!"

Blue grinned at him.

"If you and TSC are ready, then me and Yellow are definitely ready," Blue said.

Green and Purple nodded and Mango lifted the up whistle from around his neck.

"Okay, then." He raised it to his mouth.

"On your marks–"

Red hovered his hands above the pieces of gingerbread.

"Get set–"

Blue squeezed the frosting.

"GO!!"

Mango blew the whistle and they were off to the races!!

"Oof, who could've known how hard it is to pipe frosting?" Blue asked as he tried to squeeze the piping out of the bag.

"Hang on, wait– I have an idea! Did you bring the brewing stand?" Yellow asked him. Blue thought for a moment. "Yup! It's in the attic, I think it's still in my backpack."

Yellow nodded. "Yeah, we should make a strength potion so it's easier to squeeze the frosting!"

"Omg, you're right! You're a genius, Yellow!" They exchanged a high five.

Yellow was about to race upstairs when Blue yelled at him to wait.

"What?"

"We have to ask if it's allowed first!" Blue explained. Yellow went over to Mango and then came back to Blue a few moments later.

"He said that it's fine as long as we only do it once."

Blue shrugged. "Sounds good enough to me."

Yellow passed Green and Purple as he rushed to get upstairs.

"Anddd... I think we're done with the base!" Purple exclaimed, taking a step back to admire the house.

"Wow, look how beautiful she is," he said, beaming.

"Hmm, I think the roof is a little bit tilted though..." Green shifted the roof and inspected it again.

"Yeah, that looks way better," Purple said, looking at Green.

"I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not," Green said.

Purple chuckled. "Yeah, me neither."

Yellow came back downstairs, hauling with him a brewing stand and a few ingredients. He spilled it onto the counter.

"Thanks!" Blue started to make the potion, and soon, he was drinking it. "Huh, that always tastes so funny," Blue said, wiping his mouth with a napkin.

Blue and Yellow piped the sides of the house and stuck it together.