Dec. 9 - Snow day

Yellow used the warmth of the coffee to warm up his hands, looking out the window.

The snow gently descended from the clouds, landing on the blanket of white that covered the grass. Yellow took a sip from his glass, taking in the beautiful scenery in front of him before Green hurdled himself to the front door, flinging it open.

"GUYS, c'mon! We have to go outside before the snow melts!" Green shouted to seemingly nobody. Yellow scoffed under his breath. Like it'll melt any time soon.

Red sprang after him and they both flung themselves into the snow, leaving  a trail of footsteps as they darted around. Finishing his coffee, Yellow pulled on his coat, tugged his mittens on, and swung the scarf around his neck.

Stepping out to the snow, he looked at Red and Green, who were making snow angels. He strolled over to them. "Nice snow angels." He smirked. Green got up, giving Yellow a comical frown.

TSC stepped out a moment later, stilling rubbing his eyes.

"Morning," he yawned, trudging over to Yellow.

"Hey sleepy-head." Yellow replied, giving TSC a friendly nudge.

"Hey," TSC tiredly said back, nudging him. "Didn't want to get up this early but didn't want to miss the snow either. Win-lose situation I guess."

Yellow chuckled, "And you wonder why I drink coffee?"

"It's just so bitter!" TSC reacted. "Without creamer, ten pounds of sugar, and milk, I don't think I'd ever be able to drink it. Ever."

"That's basically diabetes in a cup," Yellow explained to him, walking over to Green and Red, both of whom were admiring their snow angels.

"Like it?" Red asked, glancing up at Yellow.

Before Yellow could reply, Green started, "The wings on mine could be a little bit more symmetrical, and maybe clean up the edges a little bit..."

"Stop being such a perfectionist Green!" Yellow laughed, "But yeah, they're pretty neat."

Meanwhile, Blue crept through the snow toward Yellow, Purple trailing behind him, seeming like he was trying to hold back a laugh. Blue got closer and closer, putting his arms out–

Blue put his hands on Yellow's shoulder.

"Boo!"

"AAHHHHHH!!!!" Yellow stumbled backward, tumbling into the powdery snow. "Blue what the hell was that?!"

Blue and Purple burst out laughing, and Yellow got up, brushing the excess snow off himself.

"Not funny," he huffed, crossing his arms.

"Then you should've seen the look on your face!" Blue exclaimed, wiping a stray tear from his eye. Blue looked over at Red and Green whom were now trying to push a boulder of snow around.

"Hey! Whatcha guys doing?" Blue asked them, walking over.

"We're..trying.. to make... a snowman," Red replied, panting. "Do you want to make the body?" he asked Blue.

Blue nodded, grinning, and clumped some snow into his hands, rolling it until it into formed a ball. He got some more snow and added it to the snowball, making it bigger.

"Done!" He exclaimed, going over to Red and Green whom were finished making the bottom. Yellow came over as well, holding the head. They stacked the snowballs on top of each other. Red found a few stick and stuck it to the side of the snowman, "Arms!" he announced proudly.

Blue patted Red's back. He stuck some rocks onto the snowman's face, creating two friendly eyes and a smiling mouth.

"Huh, is it just me or do I feel like something missing?" he glanced at the others. and Yellow pulled out a carrot from his pocket and plucked it into the center of the face. "There! Now we just have to add a scarf, hat, and gloves!" He smiled.

Yellow pulled off his gloves and tugged it onto the snowman's stick-arms, rushing back inside to get a top hat and a scarf. In a second, he came back outside, wearing a top hat with the scarf billowing behind him.

"I couldn't find a top hat so I just had to use the magicians hat that we used from charades yesterday," Yellow admitted, placing the hat on the snowman's bald head.

Blue took the red scarf from Yellow and wrapped it around the snowman's neck.

"Oooh, he looks good," TSC said, walking over to the snowman. "Yeah, looks awesome," Purple joined in, resting his arm on the snowman's shoulder. Yellow pulled out his phone from his coat pocket. "Say cheese!" he exclaimed, putting his phone up.

"Cheese!" Purple said, doing the peace sign, his arm draping across the snowman's shoulder.

Just as Yellow clicked, Green sprang into the photo. He stuck out his tongue, completely obscuring the snowman and Purple.

"GREEN!!" Purple faked punched him in the shoulder, and peered over to look at the photo. It showcased Purple's shocked face and Green's photo bombing.

Purple mocked a scoff, "How could you do that to me Green? I thought we were friends." Green grinned, resting his arm on Purple's shoulder, "Don't worry, we're still friends, I just know that you can't resist my charming smile."

"I think I could," Purple replied, giving him a friendly nudge.

"Only people who think my smile is charming would say that," Green said knowingly. Purple laughed, walking back over to the front door.

"Sorry, I can't wait for your charming smile much longer. Mango needs me inside." Purple waved and the door swung closed.

    ° ° °

850 words <33 (exactly 850 words? :0 so cool!)

This chapter took me way longer than I wanted it to, mainly because the week has been so busy lately :P

hope you enjoy the weird dialogue tho :)

(started Thursday dec. 7 || finished Saturday dec. 9, phew! that's close)