Dec. 7 - Winter Festival

"WHOOOOO!!!!" Red flung his hands in the air as he slid down the slope, coming to a slow and steady stop.

Getting up, he picked up the sled, his grin hiding beneath his thick maroon scarf.

"Purple, that was awesome!!! Want me to help you go down the slope this time?" He rushed up the hill to where Purple was, and dropped the sled beneath his feet.

"Yeah, let's do it!!" Purple sat on the sled, but a moment later, he got up again, an idea blooming in his mind. "Actually, I have a better idea.." Purple said, dipping down to the base of the snowy hill.

The lake in the middle of the town hadn't frozen over yet, but each day it just got colder and colder. Market stalls were scattered around the lake, filled with entertainment. Purple could see crowds hustling around the decorated evergreen trees and stalls, the Christmas music being able to be heard even from so far away.

Purple grabbed some snow off the ground and started pilling it up so that it became taller. Red came over, wondering what Purple was doing.

"Are you.. making Olaf?" he guessed. "Nope," Purple replied, still stacking the snow on top of each other.

"Then... a ramp?"

"Yup! Why don't you come over and help me?"

Red approached the tall pile of snow, looking up as it was taller than him. Soon, they were done building the snow-ramp, trying to make it as high as they could.

Red and Purple took a step back, admiring their work. "This look amazing!!" Red exclaimed to Purple, all jazz-hands. They high-fived, then climbed back up the slope, getting the sled going. Purple settled down on the sled, grabbing onto the handle.

Red went over to the back of the sled, getting ready to push it down.

"I'm going to push it down in 3...2.....1!"

He sent the sled flying down the hill, as Purple accelerated.

"WHOOOOOO!!!!!!" Purple leaned back as the sled got closer and closer to the ramp, his adrenaline at an all time high. Soon, he was curving upwards toward the sky, closing his eyes, and then–

Everything went into slow-motion.

He opened his eyes.

And he was..

He was...

He was flying.

He was actually flying, like he was Santa Clause or something!!

The market lights shone like the same stars that were in the sky, and Purple could see Red, flailing his arms, jumping up and down, probably just excited as he was. Purple exchanged a wave with him, and Red's smile was so big he could see it- even from up here!

But just as soon as it started, it ended. Purple landed on the snow, gliding as snow swirled up into the air like confetti.

Red slid down the hill, tripping over his own feet as he came over to Purple.

"There's only one way to describe what you just did," Red declared.

"What?" Purple looked at him, a smile slowly forming.

"A-ma-zing!!!!" Red pronounced every syllable, splaying his hands in front of his face, moving them away like a stage opening.

"I know right? We should show Blue and Yellow!!" Purple grabbed Red by the wrist and dragged him over to Yellow and Blue.

Meanwhile with Blue and Yellow...

"Please Yellow, it looks so good!!" Blue pleaded as Yellow shook his head.

"Blue, I'm not sure if Mango would like us to purchase anything..." Yellow pointed out. Blue's eyes brightened as he said, "Oh, don't worry about that! I brought my own money." Yellow thought about it for moment before sighing.

"Okay fine, we can get the food," Yellow sighed as Blue dragged him over to a red and green stall.  Blue hopped up and down as they waited in line, slowly crawling up to the front. Once they got to the front, they were met with a ruby colored stick figure who greeted them with a giant smile and kind eyes.

"Hi! What can I get for you today?" she asked them. As Blue ordered, Yellow saw some very familiar stick figures coming there way.

"Hey Purple! Hi Red!" Yellow waved them over, and then rushed by his side.

"Hey guys!!" Red exclaimed.

Blue received the food and came back over, already munching on some delicious, steamy, garlic bread. 

"Oh, hey, what's up guys!" he said with a mouthful of food. "Did you guys finish sledding already? We were just with TSC and Green and they're having a blast snowball fighting! Although TSC kept getting hit..." he trailed off.

"Oh, we just wanted to show you guys something!" Purple said, starting to walk back to the slopes, "Me and Red actually made something really cool..."

    ° ° °

747 words <33

hey guys! sorry for the short chapter

I want to make it longer but things are getting really busy for me :(

I'll make try making it longer during the weekend but not a guarantee

imagine having a math test, social studies quiz, a concert, and a science test all within the next week

(started Tuesday dec. 5 || finished Wednesday dec. 6)