Dec. 8 - Blizzard

Red woke up yawning and stretching, rubbing his eyes.

He drearily looked at his alarm clock, blinking slowly. He read it but it didn't register in his mind until he read it the second time.

11:59 A.M

Wait a second... did he read that right?

12:00 P.M.

Now suddenly fully awake, he hopped out of bed. How had he slept in for more than 12 hours?? He opened the curtains, and took a look outside. Was it just him or did everything look white? He quickly stumbled down the stairs, arriving at the kitchen where Blue and Yellow were hanging out.

"G'morning," Red said to them, sliding a pop tart into the toaster.

"Hey sleepy-head," Yellow replied, sipping on a cup of coffee and not looking up. "Me and Blue are going to be heading out today to go to the lake. We're going to go ice skating, wanna come?" Yellow finally looked up from his phone, yet he still sipped on his coffee.

"Sure! Sounds fun," Red said, "Wait a second- what about TSC and Green?"

"Still sleeping." Yellow grinned, trading a look with Blue. "Anyways, your pop tart is ready."

"No it's not–" ding!

Red looked at Yellow, surprise written all over his face.

"How did you know that?" he asked, pulling the pop tart from the toaster, nibbling on the corner. Yellow shrugged, finishing his cup of coffee.

TSC and Green came down the stairs a while later, chatting.

"G'morning!" TSC waved as he entered the kitchen, Green trailing behind him. "Morning." Green put a piece of bread in the toaster and walked over to the front door. "Mango told me to get the mail, anyone want to come with?"

Red just finishing his pop tart, went over to Green's side. They walked over to the door and Green swung the door open and was met with–

Snow?

"Red, am I hallucinating?" Green asked.

"Don't worry, I see it too." Red reached his hand out to the doorway and his hand grazed the white powdered snow. "Uhh, I don't think that's normal..."

Yellow rushed over to the window and opened it up, but the only thing that could be seen were little white dots rushing around everywhere. He turned on his phone and looked at it for a few moments before saying, "A Blizzard?!"

Everyone's attentions swiveled toward him as he read on. " 'Please stay inside at all times. The blizzard is expected to end at around 5:00pm but it can last longer.' " He looked up at everyone with a worried expression.

Green, noticing everybody's anxious faces, decided to finally say something. "Guys, guys, it's fine! Besides, it's not like we're going to die today anyways–" Green said.

Red flopped down on the couch, his legs sprawled.

"Do you guys want to play a game?" he asked them, resting his head on his hands.

"Red, that sounds creepy–" Yellow started but Blue shot him a look before he could go any further.

Blue looked at Red. "Sure! We can play a game. What are you thinking of? Pictionary, Uno, uhh what's another one– chess?"

TSC glanced at Blue with a mischievous look in his eyes, "Let's do Pictionary."

Everybody groaned.

"We all know you're going to win that one, TSC," Green grumbled.

"Who ever said that?" TSC replied.

"Wow, you're so humble," Yellow said to TSC, nudging him in the shoulder as he chuckled.

Red stood up. "We should do charades!!!!" he announced proudly. TSC went over it in his mind and said, "Yeah, that sounds good! I think that's pretty fair."

"I don't feel like playing that much, so I'll make the cards," Blue said, walking over to the printer and pulling out a fresh piece of paper. He scribbled down a few things that people could act as, Yellow looked over his shoulder. He whispered in Blue's ear and Blue jotted those down too.

After cutting the pieces of paper out, Blue put it in a magician's hat.

"Now, I shall reveal– the hat of names!!!" Blue branched it toward Green in full magician-mode. Green carefully plucked a piece of paper out of the hat and opened it, shielding it away from everyone's curious eyes.

"Ooooh, this one is good," Green said, obviously trying to get everyone's attention.

"Okay, I know exactly how to do this one."

Everyone watched, dumbfounded, as Green flourished his hands out like he was dancing. Purple walked in while Green started lip syncing some sort of song. Sitting down on the couch, Purple nudged Red.

"What's he doing?" Purple whispered.

"Trying to act something out– we're playing Charades," Red responded. Purple nodded, glancing back at Green. For some reason, Green wrapped a blue scarf around his waist and had placed a yellow bucket on his head, still lip syncing.

"Ballet dancer?"

Red guessed.

Green shook his head.

"Drum player?" Purple tried.

"Margot Robbie?" TSC said hopefully, yet he shook his head for both.

"Ugh, who could it be?" Red groaned, staring intently at Green as he kept flourishing his hands.

"Well, it has to be someone with blonde-ish hair, blue shirt–or dress, sings, and has to do with some weird arm movements." TSC counted on his fingers.

Yellow chuckled, shaking his head. "Can't believe they still haven't guessed it yet."

"I know, right?" Blue replied, "Don't worry, with all their braincells working as one, they'll be able to get it."

Red glared at them before returning his attention back to Green, who was still prancing around like a princess– wait a second, like a princess.

"Wait a second.." Red paused.

"Is it.. a Disney princess?" Red asked carefully. Green nodded, and Blue replied for him, "Yeah, it's a Disney character, but which Disney character?" Blue grinned as Red thought it about it for a moment.

"Cinderella?" asked TSC, jumping in.

"Oh-my-god, you guys are literally on the tip of the iceberg!!" Yellow exclaimed, practically on the edge of his armchair.

TSC's mind riveted as he tried to think of Disney princesses with blonde hair and a blue dress, then the realization hit him. Suddenly, everything that Green was doing made sense! The arm movements, the lip syncing, TSC had finally connected all the dots!

"It's Elsa isn't it," he said, casting a nervous glance at Blue and Yellow.

Green nodded and burst out speaking.

"I can't believe you guys didn't get that sooner!! Honestly, the best part was probably lip syncing 'Let it Go' the whole time," Green joked, ripping the blue scarf off his waist and pulling the yellow bucket off his head.

"Yeah, I could imagine," TSC said.

"Actually, why don't you sing Let it Go right now?" TSC grinned as Green shook his head.

"Nah bro, I'm ready to take a nap–"

"You sound like me."

"..."

Green rolled his eyes and went back upstairs, but even from downstairs, they could hear him start playing Let it Go from his room.

    ° ° °

1093 words <33

TGIF!!! this week has felt too long

love you peeps 💕

(start Wednesday dec. 6 || finished Thursday dec. 7)

Christmas advent calendar || Alan Beckerजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें