The talk

Michelle's Pov

With a sketck book in my lap. I chewed on my pencil and couldn't focus on anything my mind kept wandering whenever I tried to put some ideas on paper. Usually I didn't have a hard time concentrating on what I needed to do but my head wasn't in it. I was distracted by the person I talked at the mall earlier. As much as I want to focus on some ideas, I just can't.

So I decided to stop and think about the opportunity that he offered. I want to experience and explore the things that I wanted. My mind can't stop thinking about performing and being on stage. Anntonia and I used to compete in beauty pagents back in the day. Anntonia is really goodb when it comes to pageantry. She even won Ms. Supranational 2019 and I'm very proud of what she achieved.

Maybe this is the time for me to be involved again in pageantry. Besides we already have a stable careers.

I will inform my girl about this news.I'm sure she will be support me. Right now I decided to call Mr.Tayag to let him know that I was interested in his offer. I get the card he gave me and dialed his number.

"Hi is this Mr. Voltaire?" I asked in the line

"Yes speaking, May I know your name?"

"This is Michelle, the woman you met in Chanel store earlier"  I responded.

"Oh.. Hi Michelle, what can I do for you? he asked.

" Well, I called to informed you that I am interested in your offer"

" Perfect, I'm so glad to hear that. Can we meet tomorrow Michelle? so that we can discuss eveything"

" Let me check my schedule first" i told him while checking my calendar "Well, I'm my schedule is free at 1 in the afternoon"

"Okay that would be great"

"Okay let's meet tomorrow"

" See you Michelle. Take care"

" You too"

----

My girlfriend would be estatic on this news. Few minutes later I received a call from my boss telling me to met him in the lobby. I go to my room and get dress and go to the lobby. I saw him seating in the couch while holding his phone.

"Hi boss, what's up?"

" Well, i want to inform you personal that you can go back to new york now. I know you already miss your girlfriend" he said teasingly 

I just smiles at his statement.  So, when is my flight?"

"You can book your flight after our meeting tomorrow"

" Okay. I will book tonight, since I have an appoinment this affternoon" i told him

" Appointment? with whom? Anntonia told me to keep an eye on you" he reminded me " Make sure that it's not a girl that you plan on meeting" he added with a serious tone.

" Of course not. Don't worry boss I am a faithful girlfriend"

" You should be, cause you already have the most understanding, loving and amazing person by your side"

" Yeah absolutely boss"

---

It's already 8am and we already in the coffee shop to meet the client. After a few minutes our client arrived. We exchange formalities. I open my laptop and discuss the presentation I prepared for this meeting. The client is very happy. He is satisfied with the presentaion and decided to signed the contract. The meeting is over and the client told us that he need to go because he have another appoinment.

I checked my phone and found a missed calls and messages from my girlfriend

"Love I already finished my dinner and I'm waiting for your call"

"Dee?" where are you?"

" Why are you not answering my calls?"

" Pick up the phone dee"

I dialed her number but she's not answering. I guess she is already asleep since it's already past 10 in the evening in new york. I decided to text her so that when she wakes up she will see my message.

"Love I'm so sorry. I'm the meeting earlier. I'll make it up to you. Sweet dreams my love. I love you and I miss you. See you soon"

I go back to the hotel and change my outfit.On my way now to the resto to meet Mr. Voltaire. I arrived at my destination. I entered inside the resto and saw him in the corner and his waving at me. I approach him.

"Hi Mr. Voltaire"

"Hello Michelle and please just call me Voltaire"

"Okay Voltaire"

"Let's star"

We talk about everything, from the training, the city that I will presenting, the rehearsals and dates of the events. He also told me that I will have my team for hair and make up, a trainor for my pasarela. He also told me about the qualities and techniques on how to win the crown. I can say that he is really good in his craft. I assure him that I will do my best to win the crown and to compete for Miss.Universe 2023.

"When are we going to start the training? so that I can adjust my schedules and inform my boss about it"

" Well, we have 2 months before the pageant. We can start as soon as possible"

"Can we start new week? because tonight I need to go back to new york"

"Okay I can work on that" he told me " If you don't mind me asking, what is your work?"

"I am an architect"

" Wow that great. What inspires you to become an architect?"

"My bestfriend inspires me" I responded smiling widely.

"Ah bestfriend, Boy or a girl bestfriend?"

" Actually she's my girlfriend already and she inspires me everyday"

" Woah. Great to hear that"

"Yeah. I guess you know her"

"Who?" he asked curiously

"My girlfriend. I mean since you are into pageantry. I'm sure you know her"

"Okay. What is her name?" he asked

"Anntonia Porsild" I stated.

"Omg, of course I know her she's Miss Supranational 2019." he said with excitement in his voice.

"Yeah that's her"

"I'm happy for you. She's a good catch you know."

"Yes I know and I'm lucky that she's with me"