Vol. 3-21: Dreidel Dreidel Dreidel. Methinks

TEMPEST

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☀︎ ⋆⁺₊⋆

"Dreidel, dreidel, dreidel, I made you out of clay, dreidel, dreidel, dreidel, with dreidel I will play~" I continued hammering into the cedar tree I'd chosen with my dagger. "Second verse, same as the first! Dreidel, dreidel, dreidel, I made you out of clay, dreidel, dreidel, dreidel, with dreidel I will play~"

I heard Calypso scream in frustration all the way from her little cave. It was the middle of the night, and I'd been doing this since dusk. Every now and then, I'd peak out of the limbs of my tree and look at the stars. The sky was dangerously beautiful here. I'd been hoping to use the constellations to figure out where I was, but they changed every time I looked away. I'd see constellations that could only be seen in certain seasons at certain locations all at once. So, that was out the window.

"Second verse, same as the first! Dreidel, dreidel, dreidel, I made you out of clay, dreidel, dreidel, dreidel, with dreidel I will play~" I finished digging a hole into my cedar tree and put my bag in there. It was a cute little shelf! I bet Calypso was excited that the woodpecker sounds would stop.

I hung upside down from the tree, my legs hooked over the branches, and I got a new view of the island as I continued singing that song. Then I decided I wanted a little campfire, so I began sawing very loudly into a branch.

"Dreidel, dreidel, dreidel, I made you out of clay, dreidel, dreidel, dreidel, with dreidel I will-"

"Stop it! Just- I- Stop it!"

I turned to look as Calypso started marching over to me. She wore a looser dress that wasn't cinched at the waist, so it kinda looked like a pillow case. Her hair wasn't braided anymore and she wasn't wearing her little circlet, but she looked pretty pissed off. Her skin seemed to glow in the moonlight and her dark eyes were full of rage as she stopped right below me.

"What do I have to do to make you stop?!" She demanded.

"There's nothing you can do," I told her, and continued sawing into the tree. "Mewants a campfire."

"Just go to sleep!"

"No. Methinks."

"Then let me sleep!"

"You're immortal! Sleep isn't vital to you." I paused. "Methinks."

"I will do anything to just make you stop," she pleaded. "I- I can cook a meal, or something."

"Mmmmm. No, thank you. Methinks."

"You can't just say 'methinks'!"

"Youthinks."

She stormed off again. Her cave doesn't even have a door, but her footsteps were so loud, she didn't need a door to slam. She got her point across pretty well.

Methinks.

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☀︎ ⋆⁺₊⋆

I had my fire pile nice and stocked up by the time dawn rolled around, so I decided to wait until it was nighttime again to actually have my fire. I decided I was bored, since I no longer had any goals to accomplish, so I decided to sit and think for a bit. I slouched on a log and realized I looked like Pooh Bear, so I quickly put a stop to that. Luckily, I had decided- I needed shelter. Well, wanted shelter. Do I need it? No. I'm dead. But, the dead can be bored, and sometimes, we like pretending we're alive.