Vol. 3-23: Therapy? ewwww

TEMPEST

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☀︎ ⋆⁺₊⋆

It took me a while to figure out that Ogygia was covered with thousands of invisible wind spirits working as Calypso's servants. I didn't even notice until she invited me to eat breakfast with her at that lovely dining table. Magically, my plate would refill and my drink never ran dry. I knew they weren't ghosts, but it bothered me a little. Like I could never be alone.

"What's on your agenda today?" Calypso asked me.

I sucked chicken juice off my fingers. "Might build a boat."

She stiffened. "For what?"

"To do boat things."

"Do you know how to build a boat?"

I shrugged. "I could make and repair a raft when my dad and I went fishing. I can probably figure it out."

You'd be surprised at how easy it actually is to build a boat. Calypso gave me some paper and a charcoal pencil to sketch things out. I took what I knew from movies and books, as well as my practical knowledge of building rafts, and also considered that time Annabeth spent four hours bitching about the Titanic and describing how she would've designed the boat. I also remembered the time she bitched about how a sword had been forged at camp. Maybe that would be my next project. Do they even allow Calypso to have weapons? I dunno. At the very least, I'll make a wooden sword.

I hammered away at my boat's hull as Calypso walked over to me. "What's up?"

"I've brought you a snack." She set down a little platter of lemonade, cheese, and crackers just slightly out of reach of my tools. "You'll get tired."

No, I won't. She was just being nice, though. "Thanks."

"It looks nice."

"I know."

She stayed silent before saying, "You aren't sweating."

I scoffed and rolled my eyes. "Were you hoping for a greased-up hunk to fall in love with?"

"It's an observation," Calypso told me, maintaining a calm voice. "And I didn't see you sleep last night. Or the night before that, for that matter." I glanced, seeing if she had something else to offer. She just stood off to the side with her hands folded together in front of her.

"Are you always this nosy?" I prompted.

"There's not much else to do here. When someone new comes, I like to learn all I can." She did that Zoe Nightshade uppity-chin-nose thing that always makes me want to throw hands. Then I imagined Atlas doing the uppity-chin-nose thing and it made me snort a bit. "What's so funny?"

"Nothing," I shrugged, grabbing a handful of cheese. She looked at me like I was a heathen as I shoved it all in my mouth.

"What is this boat for?"

"For fun," I told her. "Why are you so worried about it? It's not like I can use it to get off the island."

Her jaw dropped. "How did you-"