The one sided feelings

No update tomorrow , so doing it in advance.
Happy reading 💝

Annie's POV

Annie was getting ready in her mother's room.
" Fakhir is taking Anaya outside ..."
" Arey wahh !! It's good that he is finally here to take care of Anaya."
" Hmm " She nods while brushing her hair.
" Why don't you join them? "
" Me ?!" Annie turned around.
" Yes , Both of you should go with her , spend some time together , Anaya will be very happy to have both of you with her "
" That is for sure Ammi , but I don't know if Fakhir would be ."
Ayesha stood up went near her.
" Why ? Gudiya ?"
" We are not married anymore , I don't want him to feel awkward. Besides that I don't know even know what changes his mind to come and settle here . He says it's for the company and family . But I don't believe that , the Fakhir I knew was a free bird who cannot be bound by responsibilities and expectations. He wants freedom to do as he wish . He is like a sun always so bright and cheerful ....and I have seen him get dim and sad under the weight of the responsibilities we were given . He became a shell of person . Always angry , upset , irritated. I don't want him to be like that again. I want him to be happy , even if it is away from me ". She says all that in a daze like she was thinking of some old memories.
Ayesha puts her
" You were kids then ,but now you are grown ups. Fakhir is more responsible now. I can see that. You both should give each other another chance. Life is long , my darling "
" I know Ammi , but I don't want to be a burden on Fakhir again. He loves Anaya that I enough for me."
" And what about you ? Don't you lobe him too ? "
" It's enough that I love him , I am happy being his friend "
Annie turns to leave. But decides to ask a question that have been lingering her mind for quite some time.
"Ammi , why was Father with you the other night ". Ayesha seems to froze at her question.
" How ? Annie ?! How do you know !?"
" That doesn't matter , just answer my question "
" Annie ..that ..he regrets what he did "
" Oh does he ? " Annie says sarcastically.
" Ammi , he is manipulating you again to get back with us .....and I don't want that. You will not meet with him again. And don't worry I won't tell Badi Ammi and Fakhir about it "
With that she left. All the while ayesha looked at her back.
**************
Fakhir's POV.

" Baba this doll is so nice , now my collection will be complete "
" Collection ? How many dolls you have Anaya ? " Sameena asks .
" So many " Anaya says exaggeratedly with her hands
" Keep spoiling her Fakhir "
" Who else will I spoil , right jaanu "
All of them laugh.
" Baba , should we take Ammi with us too pls "
Fakhir felt quiet at that.
"Yes , why not ,Fakhir take both of them out "
" Yes Amma ". Fakhir agreed. But he don't know if he wanted her to come with him. He felt really awkward with the hug in the morning and that confirmed that Annie still had some feelings for him.
" Oh great !! Annie you came " . Sameena's voice brought him back .
" Yes badi ammi ?!"
" Good that you are ready already , you should go with Fakhir and Anaya"
" Yes Ammi please come " Anaya pleads with her puppy eyes.
Annie smiles . She then looks at him. Fakhir felt that she looked different somehow. Her dressing style was still the same. It would not be wrong to say that her appearance didn't change a bit in the years . But there was this confidence that was never before in Annie. That confidence was easily visible in her posture , walk and her eyes. The same eyes that were looking at him with an emotion he don't want to know. He turned away quickly.
" Sorry beta , today I have a lot of work , maybe you should take Faiza phupho , she is free today hmm ? "
Anaya frown at that. Annie knelt down and promised her, " We will go some other time ok ? Your father isn't leaving anytime soon now.....Badi Ammi ,I should leave now "
" Fakhir " Fakhir looked at her and saw that she looked hurt . She gave him a nod. Then bent down give Anaya a kiss and left.
**************
So it's confirmed that Annie loves Fakhir but the same cannot be said for Fakhir. What do you think Annie should do ?
Give up or Fight
( not literal obviously )

And I just realised now that Fakhir is like most of us , want freedom , don't want to sacrifice and a bit selfish for own .
People like Annie are rare .
Anyways do comment on what you think.

Thank you all for 2 k reads. It means a lot 💕
Suggest something special for 2k reads .

Thanks for reading 💝