The office gossip ?

As per my dear reader Katherine's wish ....here is the new chapter.
Enjoy 💞
Happy reading ❤️

Annie's POV

Annie knew that Fakhir didn't want her the moment she saw him avert his eyes. She sighed and thought about her mother's words the whole way.
" Good morning madam " Saba greeted her teasingly as soon as she entered.
" Good morning ". Annie smiles.
" So what am I hearing huh ? You and Zaid on an icecream date ." Saba teased her. Annie was shocked.
" What !! "
"No what tell us how ? .... You seemed to be on each other's throat the other day and now icecream date ". Saba wiggles her eyes.
" There is nothing like that , he helped me that's why I gave him a treat "
Saba just raised her eyebrows.
" Oh well , got to trust your words then . Shahbaaz idiot clearly got wrong news and here I thought my ship was sailing " . Saba sighed sadly.
" Ship ? Saba don't tell me you were shipping me with him ... seriously he is my senior and I have a daughter for god's sake "
" I know , I know but you are single...don't blame me if I think you guys look cute together..."
Annie rolled her eyes, " You and your fantasies , just don't tell me that you went ahead and told everyone else about this ? ". 
Annie asked with narrowed eyes. She knew that Saba was a huge gossip.
" No , yaar . I didn't neither did Shahbaaz. We wanted to confirm you first "
" Hmm , better "
" Ok madam let's go ? Or else your Mr icecream will shout for being late "
" Mr icecream ? ". Annie asks incredulously and both of them laugh.
**********
Fakhir's POV

Fakhir took Faiza and Anaya to mall. Anaya was playing in game court while Fakhir and Faiza talk.
" So Fakhir , how was USA ? You seem to like it very much " . Faiza asks.
" It was a different experience Faiza. It's totally different. The culture , the lifestyle all so different from here. Initially I had problems settling there but once you settle down it's truly worth it being there. Of course nothing compare to your homeland "
" Hmm , Do you think I will suit there ? " Faiza asks him.  She looked a bit hopeful and that confused Fakhir .
" Of course , if I could settle there being so careless and disorganised , you can do very well there . ....bit why the sudden interest !? "
" Fakhir , there is nothing to hide from you.  Just don't tell Amma and badi amma yet. I don't want to study here anymore. I want to go out just like you , have more freedom and live my life like my own "
Fakhir blinked. Hearing Faiza say all that reminded him of his past self. He rub his jaw and then look at her.
" So what are your plans for your studies then ? Surely you aren't leaving it to settle abroad right ? "
" No obviously, Fakhir I want to apply for abroad for my college "
Fakhir's face lit up at that.
" That's great ,do you need any help in getting contacts ? "
" No , Annie got me some contacts from her colleague friend "
" Who ? "
" Zaid "
Zaid ? Fakhir never heard of that name before. Maybe her colleague , he thought.
" So you decided which college to apply for ? "
" I did and all thanks to Annie , she sorted out and found these contacts last minute . They helped me get some extra time and access to limited seats otherwise I was doomed. The last date was gone. Me and Annie were awake for many nights at late trying every means possible "
" Annie is impossible. When she decides to do something , she doesn't sit until she has completed it "
" True , even after having Anaya and so many responsibilities she continued her studies even though she had so much trouble balancing all with little to no support ". Faiza says sadly . She stood up then and went to go see Anaya.

Fakhir was reminded of the times when Anaya was little when Faiza said those words. He remembers how Annie used to stay up all night taking care of Anaya and simultaneously completing her assignment. He was also reminded about how he used to leave and take all her frustration on her when it was not even her fault. He felt a bit guilty now.
It's good that we got divorced and I left. It would have been more trouble for Annie , had we continued our relationship.
**************
Annie's POV

" Shahbaaz , Saba what's wrong with you guys , why is the propeller model not on my table yet ! "
Zaid was furious this time in the meeting. For the past few days they have been working on the project and it was not going anywhere since then. As the head , Zaid was the one who had to give answers to the superiors.
Shahbaaz and Saba looked sown at their feet. Nothing to say.
" Sir , the propeller model isn't working properly in the simulation , we changed it again and again but some minute problems are coming....we aren't able to detect it.". Saba said as Zaid continued to pace around the room , with a hand in his hair.
" And why didn't you tell me before about it ? I have to submit the progress report tomorrow ...what will I submit ? Just the working of the machine with no model to fit it into ?!!"
The room fell silent after that. This project which was also a big Contract for the company was very important for them. They all were interns here who needed good resume for future jobs and this project was a bonus that they couldn't afford to lose

Annie decided to step in between.
" Sir , how about I take a look ...Maybe we can detect the mistake and complete it all by tonight "
Shahbaaz and Saba looked at her gratefully.
Zaid said nothing for few minutes but the sat down and said ," Ok then. Shahbaaz , Saba Is everything else done ?"
Both of them nodded.
" Well then you both will prepare the Presentation and me and Annie will look into the mistake ..  is that okay ? "
All of them agreed.
" Great ! Let's meet at my house " . Saba proposed.
**********
With that agreement all of them left the room. Annie turned around to see Zaid looking tired with dark circles around his eyes .
" Are you okay ? "
Zaid looked at her.
" No , I haven't got sleep for past many days and it seems like tonight also will be the same. We need to complete the report."
" Hmm , you should take a small nap now ?"
" What ?! "
"I said you should take a nap "
" I heard you the first time. But we are in the office right now . If anyone sees and go and complain it will create problems "
" It won't , just pull the drapes and I will make an excuse that you are with me "
Annie left saying that while Zaid gawked at her from behind.
Never expected that Annie would suggest something like this . He chuckled quietly and put his head on the table for a quick nap.
**************
Fakhir's POV

It was late at night almost 8 . Everyone was sitting for dinner except for Annie.
" Amma , where is Annie ? ". Sameena shrugged.
" Annie won't be coming tonight ". Faiza answered him.
Everyone looked at her for an answer.
" She messaged me that she would be staying at Saba's house to complete the project or something "
Fakhir nodded and they all went back to eating.
" Baba , today I enjoyed a lot...let's go tomorrow too ".
Fakhir laughed, " No beta , tomorrow you have to go to school or else your mother will have my head "
*************
Heyoo another chapter ....hope you enjoyed.
Do comment on what you think and thanks for reading 💝

Upcoming highlights-

" Why did you really come here Fakhir ? "
" To be with you all Amma , as I said and because of my company - "
" I know all that , do you really want to be with us all , just like before ? "

" Ms Annie never underestimate yourself...you are worth more than everyone else present "
" Thanks for that  "

" Do you still love him ? "
" I do "
" Then tell him "

" Why did you go back to your arrogant self , you were much better before "
" I was always like this "