Annie deserves better

Happy reading 💖

Fakhir's POV

Being in the office that once belonged to his father's makes him nostalgic. He worked here for a time but now he knows his mother is better suited for here. She learned quickly in a short time and is supporting the family

It was lunch time that he came to meet his mother. She was in her cabin talking with someone on the phone.
" Ammi , atleast eat something "
Sameena turned around quick.
" Fakhir , beta , you here ? "
" Yeah , I wanted to see this place again. It reminds me of baba "
Sameena nods.
" Come sit "

They talked in general
" Fakhir , when are you going to join your office. You did say your company is opening the branch here ... "
" Ammi. It's still work in progress. They did found a building. We will get new staff soon and can begin working like a new unit "
" Hmm , so you have some time before you get busy all again ... Spend some time with Anaya and annie then "
" I do spend time anaya , annie is different..we are not together ammi "
" But you once were , why can't you be again...I agree you were children then but now ? ...You both are adults. And as far as I know you never had problem with Annie ...neither did she. The main problem was the time . "
" I understand Ammi , but we can't be together..we are too different and we don't love each other . It would create too much problems in our life as it was before. The same problems that made me go to USA to start afresh. Do you wish me to go back ?"
" Of course not , Fakhir.. you came back after so many years , you can't go back now. Anaya would be heartbroken. "
Fakhir just put his head on his palm and sigh.Sameena gently takes his hand .
" Just tell me one thing Fakhir "
Fakhir looks up .
"Why did you really come here Fakhir ? "
" To be with you all Amma , as I said and because of my company - "
" I know all that , do you really want to be with us all , just like before ? "
Fakhir fell silent at that.
" I wish the things went back the way they were before my marriage. When baba was still alive , Annie and me were just cousins , we would have a happy family ". Fakhir says sadly.
" I wish it too Fakhir , but things aren't the same now. Everything happens for a reason . If you lose something , you gain as well. If you lost your father , you got Anaya. If you lost your freedom you got your chance to go outside and learn anew. Even I got to truly stand on my feet and be independent and shine which I could never had your father be alive.......
Don't live in the past Fakhir accept the present and thrive to make the future better......."
After a pause , she says
" Annie still loves you , she still wishes to get back together... If you don't feel the same just tell her that..
She don't deserve to be kept waiting for something that can never be hers.".
Fakhir left the office with these words going around in his head
***************
Annie's POV

It was late evening by the time Annie returns home. She was feeling exhausted . Last night she didn't sleep because of the office work. During the day she got to know that her daughter missed an important test. And Zaid got to know her 'not so secret' secret.
She don't know if she should be worried about that. Zaid was not a bad person. True , he was annoying and arrogant in the beginning when she joined the internship. Full of himself and being a know it all. They often had fights too to compete to get many projects. It was this year that when they got together in a team that there fighting was put to a halt. She didn't know him as a person before but she knew that he wasn't bad. She convinces herself to not worry and enters the house.
Faiza was waiting there got her with Anaya playing around.
" Anaya !! ". Anaya looks up.
" You didn't go to school today ? Why?"
Annie's asks sternly
Anaya then tells her about the near accident and how Fakhir decided to not send her.
Annie was now worried as hell and kept asking if she was ok. On making sure everything is fine she turned to Faiza who was waiting patiently.
" Faiza ? Do you want something ? "
" Oh yes Annie , you know my exams are going to over soon. And the college that we both applied together ?"
Annie nodded ," what about it ?"
" I got my confirmation letter " . She shouted happily. Annie's eyes widen . Both the sister started twirling each other happily.
" That's great , Faiza , Congratulations , Have you told everyone yet ? "
" No ...you are the first and I need your help too. They are asking for a guardian or father's PAN and ID proof.
Shall I send yours ? As father ... "
She trailed off.
Annie understood what she meant. Their father was not someone who they wished to involve in their life anymore after what he had done .
" Ok , we will send my proofs "
With that she walked away.
What she didn't know was that tonight was going to be a very long night for Annie..

Delayed update sorry for that... Got my exams this week....so preparing for it

Next chapter lots of crying and angst. So be ready.
Thanks for reading 💝