The shocking outburst

Guess who is back ?. It's me.🤫
Happy reading ❣️

Fakhir's POV

Fakhir came home with his mother and entered the house.
His mother's words were still ringing in his head. He can't do what his mother wished from him.
He went straight to his room to cool his mind but soon found annie there with Anaya on the bed. Annie was humming softly to Anaya as she made her sleep.
Fakhir just stood by the door watching them.
Annie soon stopped sensing someone's eyes on her.

" Fakhir ? "

Fakhir snaps out of whatever daze he was in.
" What are you doing here ? ". Annie questions.

" Well , annie as long as I remember this room belonged to me before you came here to acquire it "

Fakhir says with exaggerated hand gestures, he realised soon that his words came out a bit rude but he wasn't in right mind to apologize.

Annie was shocked by his tone.

" Fakhir , I didn't acquire your room. This room belonged to both of us when we were married, and now it belongs to Anaya too. You left for USA so obviously I was still staying in this room."

" Yes I know , are you sleeping here tonight ? "

" Do you want me to go ? "

" Well only one of can stay here , you know what I will leave "

Fakhir turns to leave when annie stops him.

" Wait Fakhir "

Fakhir turns back , he wasn't in the mood to talk with Annie. He was already frustrated and didn't want to take his frustration on Annie and say something he might regret later.

" What ? "

" Before you leave , answer my question ?... Why did Anaya not go to school today "

Fakhir was a bit stunned at her question.

" Well. Who told you that ? Anaya went to her school. I myself dropped her . "

Fakhir says while biting his tongue. He didn't want to fight with Annie tonight over this stupid thing.

" Wow Fakhir , living in USA made you a master liar. You were already a liar to began with. Seems like you got a diplom from there about it "

Now this time Fakhir was surprised at her tone.

" Annie , how can you talk to me like this ?"

" Like what ? I am saying the truth. Anaya's teacher's call came today . She told me that Anaya missed her school today , do you even know it was an important day for her. There was a art workshop with a famous painter as the guest. Do you even know that Anaya loves painting ? "

Annie laughs.

" Well how would you , you weren't there for her , you don't know anything about her ... And now you are lying , hiding things about Anaya from me , her mother who had been with her at every point of her life "
Fakhir was hurt by Annie's words. When she said he doesn'tt know about anything about Anaya , that he wasn't present for his daughters important moments. He felt his throat choke.

" How can you say this annie. I was with Anaya even without being here. I was with her everytime , in her heart , I called her , talked with her every day"

" Like a far relative. Like saiqa phupho ... Tell me Fakhir what's the difference between you both . You are like an estranged relative. You left us , you left me when you promised me that you would be there. You left me all by myself "

This time it was Annie who was crying.

" So is this about this ? That I wasn't there ? That I left you "

" No Fakhir , I managed quite well , I don't need you ".

Annie says wiping her eyes and turned to leave but Fakhir stopped her.

" Then why are you shouting and taking all your frustrations on me. Just tell na , that you are tired of being the perfect daughter , wife , mother. Just tell that you long for the freedom that was taken away from you. ". Fakhir says gritting his teeth. He then leaves her arm.

" You know what this is the reason we cannot be together. I can never love you because we can never agree on anything. Ammi was wrong , the marriage was wrong so were we for each other ".

Annie slaps him at that.

" If it's like that then why is Anaya still between us Fakhir . Why ? If there was nothing then what is Anaya ? ".
Annie leaves there sobbing.

Fakhir touches his cheek which was still stinging with pain . He groans frustratingly and looked on the bed to see Anaya looking at them . She looked frightened and Fakhir felt fear like no other .
****************
I am sorry. Delayed updates. Regular updates from now.
Do comment on what you think. Thanks for reading 💝