chapter four

Apple dropping out from the already full brown box. Taeil glanced slightly before closing the box and took another box to fill the other apples. Carefully choosing the best apple as he put the spoiled one on a big yellow basket on his side, ignoring the howling engine entering his yard.

"Who's the owner of this special apple handpicked by our Master Moon?" that's Johnny.

"Special one of course. Jaehyun," Taeil teased softly, inviting a soft chuckle from Johnny.

"He had been asking about you. Why did you stop coming to our workshop? Did you buy a new truck? Did I do something wrong to upset you? And all the other things to blame me for you not coming to fix your truck at my place. You didn't even answer my call."

Hearing the contained but still frustrated tone, Taeil stopped his doing to look at Johnny, he let out a tired sigh, "Some things happen. I'll talk to him."

"No. I was just saying. Nothing serious, I am used to it anyway. He had gotten a lot better though," Johnny changed his tone, "He probably missed your kimchi. You suddenly stop sending us some, not cute," And changed the topic.

"What do you need my truck for?"

"I am sending apples to Taeyong's apartment. You know the road to his apartment - couldn't fit my truck," putting the last perfect apple in the box. "Can you help me?" Taeil said, gesturing to the completed box.

Johnny shuts his nonsense as he helps Taeil move the box to the truck. "Doyoung in his heat again?"

"Maybe. His heat probably just ended."

"He didn't call you?"

"He can take care of his heat as long as it is not the deadly one. Just taking suppressant should be okay," Taeil moved the yellow basket under the flower tree by the side of his yard, "Wanna have some coffee first?"

"No, I have a car to fix." Johnny rejected the offer. Taeil seems in a hurry anyway.

Simple. Taeil gave his truck to Johnny as he needed something to fix on the engine. The truck had been making very loud and unreasonable noise for a while now but Taeil hasn't had the time to get it fixed. He had something to take care of in the city - it's time for his truck to get the rest it deserve.

Taeil was only close with Jaehyun, he used to work under his father's company, just to make extra money back in Manchester. That's how he meets Jaehyun. The guy was so young back then, he remembered Jaehyun following him around and he would get extra money for babysitting Jaehyun.

When Jaehyun decided to stay in Korea, in the countryside despite not being very fluent in hangul and the place was full of elderly with zero English knowledge - Johnny was with him. Later he knows, that Jaehyun was arranged to marry Johnny.

Johnny was the sole heir of a multimillion-dollar software tech company. Marrying another rich family means another big responsibility coming with it. Jaehyun was too young for it but he was raised to serve a rich alpha -

Maybe Jaehyun was just trying to run away from his overbearing family. That's what Taeil want to believe. Johnny, though their wedding was the first time he saw Jaehyun - he had been treating Jaehyun so well. He loves and genuinely cares about Jaehyun.

Taeil believes, no one can take care of Jaehyun as well as Johnny.

Johnny watches the older man driving his truck away before he takes Taeil's truck - he lets out a soft laugh seeing the yellow basket full of fresh apples on the truck, and the fresh cabbage kimchi and marinated tiny crab on the passenger seat. He nodded softly, forcing the smile to stay.