chapter nine

Amidst the scent of fresh paint and sawdust, Taeil and Taeyong walked inside the almost-finished house, Doyoung's house. Taeil's finger traced along the clean lines of the structure, while Taeyong's smile only grew wider after every reaction from Taeil.

The sunlight streamed through the main windows, casting a warm glow on the exquisite floor beneath their feet. Each plank, meticulously chosen, showcased a symphony of rich tones and subtle patterns. Grounding the entire place with timeless elegance.

Pride swelled within Taeil as he quietly admired the floor, his first design after a whole decade. He thought that he had lost his ability to design but it seems like he still has it. Slaying it even. It feels amazing to be able to do things that he always loved.

Taeil thought he had buried all his dreams, and changed his passion. Seems like he was wrong, he still very much felt the pride of designing, and construction. It's been a while since he felt so much pride on his shoulder. It felt.. amazing.

Taeyong can't help but smile to his ear, noticing how Taeil's face lights up seeing his own design coming to life. It saddens him to think about Taeil giving up his dream just to take the blame for a thing that was never his fault. And if one day, Taeil thinks of living his dream after everything ends -Taeyong promises that he will always be by his side, supporting the man because it is what he deserves.

"You still got it!" Taeyong said with his terrible Busan accent. He grinned at Taeil happily.

Taeyong is happy when Taeil is happy.

"It's been a while but looks like I still very much got it," replied in another terrible Busan accent, Taeil couldn't even hide the bashfulness in his eyes.

The house was supposed to be designed by Taeyong but the information that was left behind about the house was basically nothing. There are a few colours and wides of the house but it wasn't any help. Taeil told Taeyong about what type of design was suitable for Doyoung but the name alone can make Taeyong's blood boil.

Forcing Taeil to make the design. Because he knows Doyoung better. But since he wanted to do well, he was afraid to mess up the design. He hasn't designed anything for years, he wanted the house to be perfect for Doyoung. It's his parents' last gift for him. Taeil wanted to house to warm Doyoung like how his parents provided warmth for him.

Taeil sends the design for Taeyong to review but Taeyong proceeds with the design without changing anything. And Taeil couldn't bring himself to admit it but he was happy that Taeyong always knew Taeil more than he knew himself.

Now, the house is his gift for Doyoung as well. Gifts from people who love Doyoung.

"I came to borrow your car," Taeil says.

Taeyong and Taeil continued talking by sitting while looking at the messy yard. Taeil was also the designer for the yard, which Taeyong will focus on after the house completely finished.

The land was close to the city but it still felt very much in the countryside because there weren't any taller buildings close to the place. It was an expensive land and only wealthy people have land in this province -there is a rumour that this place will be the next focus for development.

"I know," Taeyong playfully rolled his eyes, "you will only visit me when you need something."

"Don't say that," Taeil replied softly, closing his eyes as he breathed in the dusty air. He feels as if he is free to have any possible emotion when he is with Taeyong -he can be honest; he can be real. He felt so light when he was with Taeyong.

"I am happy that you will be freed from him. You can take my car if you want if that happens," Taeyong turned to get a proper look at Taeil, seeing the alpha expression drop but he didn't care. Taeyong chuckles, "My gift for you."