chapter twelve

Doyoung knows it will never be easy, and he is always confident that no matter what the obstacle will be -he will always be able to handle it maturely. Logically. Wisely.

Doyoung had just finished his study. He had dinner with Taeil a few nights ago to celebrate it and Taeil is recommending a few suits design that Doyoung can choose for his graduation ceremony -which won't happen in the closes time.

But for Taeil, as the one who handles Doyoung's university enrolment, struggling to pay the fees and had witnessed how Doyoung diligently worked so hard, more than others even; to keep up with his fellow classmates. Taeil feels so proud of Doyoung. If his parents were still alive, they would be proud of Doyoung too.

And for Doyoung, rather than he was happy that he finished his studies -he was happy that Taeil was happy.

It was such a great day to gift Doyoung the house that his parents had been planning for him years ago, before their death. How can Doyoung explain how much he is thankful for everything Taeil has done for him? He keeps on repeating the word thank you but it seems like it was not enough, and would never be enough.

How can he pay Taeil after the alpha had dedicated a whole decade for him? And every time Doyoung asked the question, Taeil would answer, "I just want you to be happy. I want to see your smile."

God. How can a selfless angel exist in the world and not in heaven?

If reincarnation really exists, Doyoung wishes that he could always be with Taeil in every life.

Whenever Doyoung was with Taeil, he would always feel so content that he felt like he could do everything in this world. He feels like everything will be fine, everything will be okay. He feels protected, he feels safe.

"What should we do with your land once you marry Kyuhyun? Do you have any plans?" Mrs. Cho asked while sipping tea.

Doyoung spends a lot of time with Mrs. Cho. He followed the woman doing charity work and just visiting nice places all around Korea, showing people around them that she was doing her job as the wife of Korea's well-respected tourism minister.

From the start, Doyoung wasn't really comfortable with Mrs. Cho. He can feel the societal gap between them. He managed to pull through though but recently all her questions and words about Taeil are just so rude and arrogant. The point, Doyoung realized that Taeil's problem with this family is not as small as he thought.

It's not just about, Minister Cho cheating on his wife. It's more than that.

"Taeil will take care of it. Whatever happens to the land, he will take care of it," Doyoung replied politely.

Mrs. Cho glared at Doyoung, the silence was loud in the midst of people talking over one another, "I don't think you understand about..." another loud pause, "Us."

Doyoung carefully takes a deep breath. Yeah. It seems like there is more that Doyoung failed to see. "... I know."

"So, what makes you say stuff like that? I would really love it if you could stop meeting him once you become one of our family members." It was soft but it sounded so full of herself, "His mother had done a huge damage to my family. I lost Kyuhyun's brother because of her whoring herself to my husband. I was forced to cut my ovaries because of the stress I've been through because of her."

Doyoung stayed silent and listened carefully.

"Being a daughter of a rich family comes with a responsibility. I am unable to do my part to bring line age to my family because of her. It caused great trauma to me, Kyuhyun and even Minister Cho. I believe, to you too. Right?"