Wallace's: Halloween Night

It was a typical Halloween night at Wallace's bar, where the regular customers were chatting, drinking, and listening to music from the jukebox. Wallace had just returned from a week-long trip to his hometown in South Carolina, where he had visited his relatives and old friends. He walked into the bar and saw his nephew Clayton, who was supposed to hand out candy and treats to the children outside. To his dismay, Wallace saw that Clayton had let several minors into the bar, where alcohol was being served. He went up to his nephew and greeted him.

"Clayton," he said.

"Oh, Uncle Wallace, you're back!" Clayton exclaimed.

"Yes, I am and may I ask, what do think you are you doing?" Wallace asked.

"Doing what you told me to do. Making sure I give candy and treats to the kiddies," Clayton answered.

"Yes, you have," Wallace said, raising his voice. "At the door or outside, not inside the bar while liquor is being served. Are you trying to get my place shut down and put me out of business? I'm surprised you didn't offer each of those kids a shot of alcohol as a treat too! Go stand by the door or outside and give the candy and treats to the kids, please."

Clayton obeyed his uncle and moved near the doorway, waiting for more trick-or-treaters. Wallace went to the counter and looked at Gloria for an explanation and she tells him, "I try to warn him, but Mister Big Shot kept running his mouth, "(In a goofy tone) When my uncle's away, I'm in charge! I'm the head honcho, I'm the man; blah-blah-blah!" Everyone nods and agrees with Gloria and Wallace (laughing) say, "Seems like me and my nephew have lots to talk about." Gloria and Wallace continue talking, especially about his time away.

" Gloria and Wallace continue talking, especially about his time away