Wallace's: Christmas at Wallace's

It is Saturday night, two days before Christmas, and Wallace's is buzzing with activity. The house DJs, Ralphie and his lady Shante, are playing music. Shirley and her brother Wes, who runs his own restaurant, are catering for the event with lots of delicious food. Gloria and Lisa, the barmaids, are serving drinks. Wallace's nephew Clayton is waiting at tables and clearing dishes. Wallace himself is hosting the night and making sure everything goes smoothly. He also has some guest entertainers who will sing, dance and conduct a raffle drawing later in the night. The partyers include his regular clientele and some other guests.

Later that evening, Wallace with a mic in his hand addressing everyone, getting everyone's attention:

"What a wonderful time we're having! (YEAH) Let me hear you say, yeah again (YEAH while clapping their hands.) Very good, excellent. I want to take this opportunity to wish you all a Merry Christmas and thank you for joining us in our annual Christmas and holiday celebration. I hope to see many of you again at our New Year's Eve party. Please enjoy yourselves, but also be responsible. When you leave, drive safely and watch out for smokey. They are on the lookout for drunk drivers, so don't be one of them. Know your limit and stay within it. Have fun, everyone, and God bless!"

Wallace finished his speech and everyone went back to drinking, dancing, socializing and partying. That night, Norman Green won the raffle prize of $350. He was overjoyed by his luck.

Wallace and his nephew Clayton have a conversation later. Clayton says, "I wonder what the holiday parties will be like when I take over the bar, uncle." Wallace gives him a strange look and says, "You seem eager to put me in the grave, assuming I will leave this bar to you when I die. Why do you think you will inherit the bar? I do have other nephews and nieces, also."  Clayton remained silent and did not bring up the topic again with his Uncle Wallace.

A potential drama was averted when Cliff, a regular customer who had drunk too much, wanted to drive home in his condition. His wife, his brother, Wallace, Gloria and almost everyone else persuaded him not to. Overall, the night was great.

Everyone got home safe and had a very great time at Wallace's.