Wallace's: The Lights Went Out

At Wallace's one evening, an old timer customer name Fred is telling Wallace, fellow customers Ronald and Les about this experience on the night of July 13, 1977 when the lights when out in New York City.

Fred is telling them about his experience that occurred on the evening of the infamous day, "I was messing around with this find, sexy lady name Monica and we were at her place, butt-naked getting busy, making love and having sex to Barry White playing on her 8-track tape stereo. It was all so sweet and tender, so full of ecstasy that night, I just couldn't get enough of when all the suddenly her lights went out and the music stopped. I teasingly ask if she forgot to pay her electric bill. I would have gladly given the money she needs for her utility bill and she tells me, 'We always pay our light bill on time.' I was wondering, we! I thought she lives alone and she confess to me about living in her apartment with her husband, letting me know he's across town screwing another woman. Whoa, what the fuck have I gotten myself into and to find out it was pitched black outdoors, a blackout! All the lights were out that evening. What was worse was the break-ins from the sounds of glasses being broken and I was hoping and praying that no one would break into my 1976 Coupe De Ville Caddy and take out my portable 8-track tape player. I was caught up in some strange love affair that night and the pussy was good, really good and I didn't mind. Her hubby kept his ass across town with his mistress, while I took care of business at the homestead, didn't make sense for me to leave her home alone and I stay the night. Just to protect her and we continue making sweet love in the dark, oh she had a big flashlight and some candles, she was prepared and we barely used them. Oh, what a night I will never forget and we will continue seeing each other after that moment for a while. We were sneaking, creeping and humping around." Fred is raising glass adding, "I tell y'all one thing, that's one crazy moment I will never forget!" Wallace while raising his glass adding, "Same here!"  With everyone raising their glasses adding in unison saying, "Cheers!"  As they all drink in unison before talking some more.