Wallace's: Luther's Woman

At her man, Luther's invitation, a woman named Patrice accompanies him to a celebratory drink at Wallace's. Patrice and Luther enter Wallace's hand in hand, greeting everyone. Luther, a regular customer, proudly introduces Patrice to his acquaintances. Then they sit down in one of the booths. Wallace himself sends them a complimentary drink each.

While Luther and Patrice enjoying themselves, along with the music playing from the jukebox while talking, Patrice notices this woman sitting at the bar, making her feel uncomfortable, by constantly staring at her and smiling. Patrice is thinking, "What is wrong with that woman, checking me out and she knows I am with my man. That skirt chasing lesbian has nothing to do but to bother me. If she keeps that shit up, I am going to show her how I feel and scream really loud at her!" Patrice continues drinking and talking with Luther, she excuses herself for the women's room, getting up walking with that same woman giving her that smiling stare.

Patrice walks out of a stall in the ladies' room, flushing the toilet behind her. She sees the same woman who has been staring at her enter the room with a smile. Patrice snaps, "Enough is enough! Listen, you keep staring at me, and I don't like that."

"I admire your hairstyle!" the woman says, surprising Patrice.

"Excuse me?" Patrice asks, puzzled.

"I admire your hairdo and I wonder where do you go. I hope I didn't make you feel uncomfortable or anything. If I did, I apologize." the woman says.

Patrice says, "Well, to be honest, you did make me uncomfortable because I thought you were a... oh, never mind. But as for the hairdo, I go to Sabrina's Beauty and Hair Salon on Malcolm X Boulevard and Putnam. Here's the number." (Patrice writes the address and phone number on a piece of scrap paper.) "You have to call first to set up an appointment."

The woman says, "Thank you. Oh, by the way, my name is Janet."

"My name is Patrice."

Janet goes into one of the stalls and leaves the door slightly open. She hovers over the toilet and pees. She says to Patrice, "Let me get this straight. You thought I was making a move on you?" (She flushes the toilet.)

Patrice says, "To be honest, yes!" She exits the booth and washes her hands in the sink. She tells Janet, "I do indulge!" Patrice says, "Excuse me?" Janet says, "I have been with other females and if you want to..." "Janet, I told you I'm not into that and I have a man." Patrice interrupts. Janet replies, "So do I and I am married. I love to eat and get mine licked too. In other words, I'm a freak! But that doesn't mean we can't be friends." Janet leaves the restroom; Patrice is stunned and disgusted.

Patrice returning to Luther, he asks her, "you alright baby, you sure were gone awhile, I thought you had to just pee. I did, but I was chatting with Miss Janet, Misses bisexual over there sitting at the bar!" Stun, Luther says, "What! I always knew something strange and freaky about Janet. I wonder if we!" Patrice says, "Don't even think about it!" Luther laughing tells her, "I was just suggesting!" Patrice replies, "It's never going to happened, so you might as well get it out of your system, just if I invite another man to join us having sex." Luther voice getting deeper, "You can forget about that, not in this lifetime. I don't care what his sexuality is, never!' Patrice says, "Okay, I see it's okay for you to invite another woman to go down on me. I will tell you what, if we hurry up and finish our drinks. We could go home and get busy without the third party." Luther adds, "I'm with cha, I tell you better, why wait 'til we finish our drinks, why not go now, go home and get busy!" Patrice and Luther are leaving the booth, letting everyone know they are leaving and Patrice tells Janet, "Guess what, I am going to get mines licked by my man tonight!" Janet says, "Good for you!" With Wallace, Les and anyone within earshot who heard is cracking up. Les tells Luther, "Hey, you better use plenty of whip cream or gravy with that boy!" Luther is shaking his head up and down grinning with both him and Patrice leaving the bar. Wallace stares at Janet and she stares back, "What, I can't help it, if I like what I see, I know I'm married and I know she is with Luther, so what! You're married, cheat and sleep around. Why can I? Wallace is walking away while shaking his head, grinning side to side.