Chapter 10: Battle in the Clouds

The day was bright and calm. The current time was peaceful.

As of now, a Royal Airship flew in a sea of clouds.

Like any royal airships, inside was escorted by the kingdom's Royal Knights as they took the main direction from here to a nearby city.

Within the airship was perhaps what the people of Fordalt considered as one of the most important figures. The Daughter of a Duke, not just any duke but the Duke of one of the Kingdom of Goldrose's most largest and major cities. Penny Fionire.

Draped in a frilly royal dress, colored in Rosy red color, her pale skin, her scarlet eyes and child-like innocence, her hair long and same color as her dress, and two black ribbons in her pigtail hairstyle

Penny Fionire was the youngest of her bloodline, her age being 7, now bordering upon 8. She is currently guarded by a group of Knights, one of them is her elder brother, Alden Fionire, who is a knight commander. At the age of 21, he was considered to be the most powerful in this Airship at the level of a [E+] Rank, while not the strongest among the Royal Knights, his rank was one step ahead to break through D-rank.

 At the age of 21, he was considered to be the most powerful in this Airship at the level of a [E+] Rank, while not the strongest among the Royal Knights, his rank was one step ahead to break through D-rank

Speaking of her brother, he was commanding the group of Royal Knights that were lining up, talking about the defenses of the airship.

"Remember, my soldiers! Keep your eyes sharp!" Alden called out his Knights, "You've all read the reports from the scouts, Sky Pirates headed towards us, they think they could surprise and ambush us, no, they've underestimated our capabilities and we will show them who's the fool here. MEN, ready your weapons, were about to meet these barbarians."

"""Yes, Sir Alden!""" His Knights replied in kind.

With his message received, Alden moved towards the ship's bridge as he started to speak to the Captain of this ship.

"If you do run into any sky pirates of any sort along the way, I want you to order every crew in this ship to ready the magical cannons and the magic shield immediately. Protecting my sister is your top priority." Alden ordered the Captain.

"I know the drill, Commander Alden. I will do it for the sake of her life." The Captain said with a serious look on his face.

Alden nodded as he moved outside of the bridge and headed towards the outer deck to check around the ship's surroundings. The Airship flew in the sea of clouds in silence for a moment before Penny, his sister stood behind him, Alden looked behind and saw his sister with a look that said she wished to speak with her brother.