✨2✨

Kailani POV

Kailani POV

"hey dad" I said lowly sitting down on the couch. I was never one to be loud or to express my voice. I always talked low and I don't know why that is.

"Hey baby girl" he said. He pulled me into a hug and I hugged him back.

"You ready for school" he asked. I nodded my head.

"You know once you go to school I'm going back to Chicago" he said questioning.

I nodded my head. I didn't want him to but it is what the court said. My mom took my dad to court because I guess he wasn't giving her no child support money while he was gone. This was when I was like 3 years old. I don't remember it but my dad told me the story.

Anyways, she took him to court for child support and said that I he was dangerous because he left me in the car by myself when we went somewhere.

She then tried to take away his rights of seeing me but couldn't. I love my dad but sometimes he makes the wrong decisions.

They were married but he cheated on her many times so she divorced him and then he moved out of the house and to Chicago.

I know he does illegal stuff in Chicago but I don't know what exactly. The court said that he could come and spend the summers with me but during the school year he had to go back to Chicago.

I mean yea I see him on breaks and stuff but that's very rare. Like he's in and out of my life but at least he's trying.

"You know imma see you again. I just don't know when" he said.

"Okay" I spoke low. I seen my mom walk down stairs and she had my sister Kamari in her hands.
She had Kamari when my dad was here 8 years ago.

She treats Kamari better than me. I don't know why but she just does. Kamari is 8 and I'm 14. I don't take that out on Kamari because she has nothing to do with what my mom has against me.

"Kailani did you clean your room like I asked you to" she asked.

I nodded my head. I hate talking around her. She makes me feel embarrassed and weak.

"Huh" she said. I turned my head and looked at her. She had Kamari sitting on the counter by the stove while she lit it.

That's dangerous.

"Yes" I said. I had to say it loud because she was all the way in the kitchen which wasn't far away from me and my dad.

"Mm okay we'll go up to your room and get your boo bag ready for school" she said.

"I did" I said. I hope she doesn't think that was a smart reply. My dad turned around and seen Mari about it touch the fire.

"Marie get my fucking daughter from off that fucking counter! She finna touch that damn fire while you in the damn pantry" my dad said getting up.