24. A call away

Just when I thought things couldn't get more awkward, Miss Universe just had to slap me in the face with Noah's injury last night

Now am in his bed, his hands caging me. So my chances of escaping were as slim as the chances of my dad suddenly coming back into my life. impossible.

I let out a sigh when I tired to slip out of Noah's hold, but his grip on me tightened.

"Stop moving" I heard Noah's groan from behind me. His voice was deep and tired.

I tried getting free again, despite his demand.

"Why don't you listen?" His deep voice glowed out, shifting himself on top of me, caging me between his large body and the bed.

His eyes were half open as he tried to adjust to the room light, when his eyes were fully open a smug smile crawled onto his face.

"Good morning, gorgeous" his gaze lingered on my lips, then back to my eyes, almost like he was asking for permission.

"Does it hurt?" I ignored his obvious request to kiss me, eyeing his injury

He rolled off me, "It doesn't. why? do you care about me?" That annoyingly beautiful smug look was back on his face.

"I don't" I got off his bed and looked for my things. he hummed.

"So you don't care if I got badly hurt?" He teased. My jaw tightened, remembering how Noah looked the previous night. vulnerable, tired, and in pain.

"Not even a little," I said stubbornly.

"I don't believe you" I could hear his smirk.

"I also don't care what you believe" I turned to him with my arms crossed at my chest.

He turned to pick up a shirt and hissed, then held it unto his waist.

"Are you okay?" I rushed to his inspecting, his injury. "Where does it hurt? do you need to re-stitch it?" I was about to start peeling off his bandage when I realized what he was doing.

"estúpido" I rolled my eyes, about to walk away from him, when his hand around my waist stopped me.

"So you do care about me" He smiled

"No. I care about my boss, if he gets hurt who is gonna pay me?" I shot back, and his smile grew in amazement.

"We both know am not just your boss" His hand around my waist pulled me closer to him closing the gap.

"Really? then what are you to me?" I challenged

"I'll be anything you want me to be, mon amour" his voice was soft and filled affection

Before I could reply a phone ringing interrupted us. I used that opportunity to spill out of his hold reaching for my phone at the bedside.

I read Oscar's name on my phone screen, confusing me. What might he want now?