CHRISTMAS

Narrator

Y/n went back to their usual routine. Although now, they avoided the park cross Danielle's house at all cost.

It was Christmas Eve and every business was shutting down early in the day. Every park was closing and there was not a single soul in sight.

It was a bit lonely in the streets, but all the Christmas lights were quite comforting.

- Y/N POV -

I was nervous.

There was nothing open. Nowhere warm to walk into, nowhere to use the restroom, and nowhere to shelter in case it rained.

"Great. Just my luck," I whispered under my breath.

Just as I thought about sheltering from the rain, I felt a rain drop hit my face.

I was walking around for a bit, just wondering what everyone was doing inside every house I passed.

The rain was starting to get a bit harder, but there was nothing I could do about it. So, I just did my best to ignore it.

Suddenly, I came across a tree with a decent dry spot underneath it. I walked over to it and stood there for a bit.

It wasn't really helping.

When you're wet and stand somewhere to dry.... it makes you even colder...

I was about to continue walking, when a car suddenly stopped in the middle of the street.

I looked at the car a bit confused and someone suddenly came running out of it.

"What are you doing? You're going to get sick!" An agitated Danielle suddenly yelled.

I was so confused.

I hadn't seen the Marsh family in that particular car before.

"Come on. I'm taking you home!" Danielle tried to grab my hand to drag me to the car.

I immediately snatched my hand from her and refused.

It was Christmas Eve. I couldn't owe anyone that much kindness.

Suddenly, Mr. Marsh got out the car and walked towards us. He took off his jacket, held it over my head, and said... "Get in the car."

I gulped a bit nervously.

Mr. Marsh sounded upset.

- Danielle POV -

Y/n looked all confused seating in the back seat.

They looked confused, upset, sad, and cold. All at the same time.

It was actually kind of sad.

Dad and I were just on our way back home from dropping toys off at the fire station toy drive, when we noticed someone out in the rain.

As we got closer, we realized it was Y/n and Dad immediately stopped the car.

"Go get them," Dad coldly requested.