PRIVILEGE

Narrator

Olivia's comment ended up affecting Y/n a bit more than everyone had expected. Y/n was being distant with everyone... even with Minji.

Being told that you're 'not good enough' was something Y/n was used to hearing and even feelings. The only difference this time....

Was that Y/n had just accepted that they had found a real family. People that actually cared and held them accountable.

It almost felt like just when Y/n felt like they didn't need to hold on to the thought of their mom... they didn't need to long for the warmth, nurture, and a safe place.... because they found it...

It all came tumbling down with what reality really was.

The Marsh-Mo Family wasn't actually their family and they weren't even good enough to be a part of it.

At least, according to a simple... yet harmful joke... from Olivia.

- Danielle POV -

"Just apologize!!" I kept on yelling at Olivia.

"No! If they can't take a simple joke then it's true. They can't get their shit together!!" Olivia yelled back.

Unlike the rest of us, Olivia hadn't learned that certain things were very triggering for Y/n. Olivia had been away at school and didn't know that we had all worked so hard to make Y/n feel comfortable. We had all worked so hard to understand that certain things just aren't jokes to Y/n.

"IT IS NOT A JOKE, OLIVIA!!!" I started to get angry.

I ended up having to send Minji home because of how awkward everything got. Minji also didn't want to be around if Y/n was just going to start ignoring everyone.

I could tell that Minji was interested in Y/n in some way and that's why she came to visit, so quickly... but even she realized that Y/n wasn't having a good time during our vacation.

"I WAS JUST TRYING TO SAY THAT Y/N ACTS LIKE SUCH AN IN-LAW!" Olivia yelled.

Her comment threw me off. I didn't know what to think of it, but I was still upset.

"THAT IS NOT WHAT Y/N HEARD. YOU LITERALLY TOLD THEM THAT THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!" I was getting so frustrated.

"IT WAS A JOKE!!" Olivia yelled back.

I sighed out of frustration.

Olivia wasn't getting it.

"Y/N LITERALLY GREW UP HEARING THAT AND BEING TREATED AS IF THEY WEREN'T GOOD ENOUGH! WHY WOULD YOU SAY THAT?!" I was starting to lose it.

"HOW WOULD YOU FEEL IF OUR MOTHER ABANDONED US BECAUSE WE WEREN'T GOOD ENOUGH?! WOULDN'T YOU START TO BELIEVE THAT IF WE'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR OUR MOM THEN WE'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR ANYONE ELSE?!!!?" I screamed at the top of my lungs.

- Y/N POV -

Walls in South Korea weren't as thick as back home. I could hear Danielle and Olivia fighting from the second floor balcony.

"How the hell am I supposed to know that?!" I heard Olivia yell at Danielle.

I'm pretty sure everyone in the house could hear them yelling. Maybe even the whole neighborhood.

"JUST APOLOGIZE!!" Danielle kept on screaming.

I had enough of it and finally got up from my seat. I stepped back into the house and walked over to the room the girls were fighting in.