COMFORT?

Narrator

Y/n took a shower and changed into some more comfortable clothes. They were about to head over to their room, when they heard sobbing coming from it.

The only other person that was in the room was Danielle, so Y/n felt conflicted on if they should leave her alone or go in the room to what was going on.

- Danielle POV -

I couldn't hold the stress back anymore.

I had been trying to distract myself with the thought of somehow being with Y/n, that I had forgotten about the reality of things.

The reality was that Y/n and I wouldn't work anyway.

We were graduating soon. Y/n would start working full time and I would have to move away to go school.

"I'm so stupid," I sniffled out under my breath.

It wasn't fair.

If I had met Y/n sooner than maybe things would have been different.

*KNOCK, KNOCK*

Suddenly, there was knock at the door. I tried to get myself together before shakily yelling, "Come in!".

The door slowly opened and Y/n peeked their head in.

"Are you okay? Do you need something?" Y/n softly asked.

I sniffled at bit, just wanting to cry even more.

"No, I'm fine!" I shakily answered.

Y/n then abruptly walked in and closed the door behind them. "If you were okay, you'd be in your own bed," they coldly told me.

I hadn't even realized that I was on the bottom bunk. I had just rushed in here wanting to cry.

"Sorry," I sniffled out.

"Don't do that," Y/n suddenly huffed out.

"Don't act like that. I want to be there for you and be your friend. Be there when you need me, but it's hard to do it when you can't just seemed to accept the situation we're in," Y/n sounded really upset.

I threw my head back and exhaled deeply.

I knew I was fucking up the weird relationship we already had.

"Dani?" Y/n tried to get my attention.

"Fine! I just don't want to move so far away from home!" I yelled out in frustration.

All I heard was Y/n sigh in response.

I closed my eyes out of embarrassment. I don't what I was expecting Y/n's response to be, but it wasn't something that would just make me feel even worse.

I took a deep breath and was about to get off Y/n's bed, when I suddenly felt arms wrap around me.

- Y/N POV -

Danielle didn't look okay.

But, I felt more at ease when she just relaxed and rested her head on my chest.

"Home will always come to you. Physically, it maybe far, but emotionally... everyone will always be there for you....," I gently kissed her forehead.

I could feel Dani relaxing even more.

"I know, I'm just worried about how everything will change once we graduate," she exhaled out.

"Me too," I whispered in response.