LEAN ON ME

Narrator

Mr. Marsh ended up dragging Y/n around all week. Getting Y/n a passport while underage was a bit of a hassle.

It seemed like Y/n's life had been a bit more interesting than The Marsh Family had imagined.

It was all odd, considering the fact that Y/n wasn't really that bad of a kid growing up.

- Y/N POV -

"Are you nervous?" Dani asked, as we waited for our flight.

I couldn't stop shaking my leg. I was nervous. I had never been on a plane before. I was sort of dying of anxiety because of it.

"Hey? Are you okay?" Mrs. Mo started to notice.

"I'm fine!" I nervously answered.

Danielle suddenly placed her hand on my thigh and I quick grabbed it.

Soon enough, we started to board plane.

"If you get scared, just hold my hand, okay?" Dani whispered as we looked for our seats.

"Okay," I nervously exhaled.

"Dani will take care of you the whole flight, okay? But, if you want to change seats at any point, just ask. Okay?" Mr. Marsh seemed really worried.

I just nodded in response.

I was trying to calm down and shut down my emotions. I guess fear was an emotion I hadn't learned to control yet.

I took a bit for the plane to actually start taxiing out for flight.

"Crap," I whispered under my breath as I saw the plane start to move.

I couldn't help myself and squeezed Danielle's hand as hard as I could.

- Danielle POV -

Y/n was freaking out. Their hands were getting all shaky and clammy. I could see them trying to regulate their breathing in order to stay calm, but it clearly wasn't working.

The plane started to pick up speed for take off and Y/n immediately shut their eyes close.

Suddenly, Olivia elbowed me and whispered.... "Hold them".

I raised an eyebrow at her and she just nudged me again.

I took a deep breath, seeing that Y/n was just trying to break my hand at this point, and gently guided Y/n's head to rest on my shoulder.

"It's alright, it'll get better once we're in the air," I whispered.

Y/n nodded against my shoulder and started to ease the grip on my hand.

"You can lean on me whenever you're scared, okay?" I gently caressed Y/n's cheek.

- Y/N POV -

After a few hours on the plane, I finally started to get used to it.

I wasn't a fan of the random noise and bits of turbulence. It terrified me. It scared me so much that I couldn't not search for Danielle's comfort in those moments.

Other than those little instances, I was starting to be okay.

I was starting to get tired really.

Being cared for consecutive amount of hours was really tiring.

"Are you okay?" Dani suddenly asked me.

"Huh?" I asked a bit confused.

"You look tired. Do you wanna take a nap?" She asked me a bit concerned.

"No, it's okay. I just hope we get off soon," I sighed out.

"We still have a few more hours. You should take a nap if you're tired. It'll help time pass," Danielle suddenly grabbed my hand.

My heart started to flutter a little.

"Okay," I shyly agreed.

"Can I... umm... can I rest my head on your shoulder?" I nervously asked.

Danielle nodded in response and I slowly learned in to rest my head on her.

Before I knew, I passed out. 

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-