PART OF THE FAMILY

Narrator

Although Danielle had managed to get Y/n back in the house, things were still a bit tense between Mr. Marsh and Y/n.

Since Dani had to return to school, Y/n was left all alone to deal with Mr. Marsh's moods.

- Y/N POV -

"I think you should go home at your regular time today," My manager suddenly approached me.

"It's fine. If I don't stay behind to help, no one will," I answered him as I prepped the road for asphalt.

"Alright," He sighed.

I had been using work as an excuse to stay away from home as much as possible. Even though Mr. Marsh had given me permission to date his daughter, he was still acting pretty hostile towards me.

An extra 4 hours of OT went by, and I finally decided to go home.

By the time I got home, it was midnight.... and there was a suspicious figure trying to get in through the front door...

I quickly got out of my truck and ran up to confront the hooded intruder.

"OH MY GOD, YOU SCARED ME!!!" A familiar voice screeched and pushed me away.

I tilted my head in confusion and realized who it was.

"Oli?" I furrowed my brows.

"Who else?" She sassed me.

"What the hell are you doing here? Don't you have like finals or something?" I was genuinely really confused.

"My Uni doesn't run in the same system as Dani's," Oli sighed as she tried to look through her keys.

"And Dani told me what happened. She's worried Dad might be giving you a hard time so I came to check up on you," She added as she tried to put a key into the lock.

"So, Dani made you come home?" I furrowed my brows a bit upset.

It's not that I didn't appreciate Dani and Oli's sentiment. It's that I didn't want to be an inconvenience to anyone.

It was one thing for Danielle to come check up on me, but it was another for her to make Olivia go out of her way for me.

"Don't be stupid. She has too much pride to ask for a favor like that," Oli answered.

I sighed of relief and took out my keys.

"Here. I got it," I walked up to open the door for her.

"Thank you! I've been trying to get in for the last 10 minutes," Olive sighed out.

"Yeah, no problem," I gave her a quick smile.

"I just need to get my bag," Oli responded.

"I got it. Just shut up and get inside!" I pushed her inside the house.

Olivia shouted something back but I didn't hear her as I was making my way down the driveway to get her things.

- Olivia POV -

I tried to be as quiet as possible as I walked into the house, but I was quickly caught.

"What have I told you about taking off your work boots before you get home? They're so loud when you even walk up to the front door," Dad grumpily walked out of his room.

"Oh? So this is how he's being?" I thought to myself.

"Oh, Olivia! Sorry, I thought you were Y/n!" He quickly changed his tone.