FAMILY

Narrator

"So this is The Han River, huh?" Y/n asked Minji.

The group ended up going on a walk near The Han River after their meal.

It was a bit cloudy, but warm, and Y/n wasn't very comfortable with all the stares people were giving them.... Yet Y/n was trying to endure it to not be rude.

"We're gonna go get some ice cream at the shop nearby!" Olivia announced to the group.

"Bring me something yummy back!" Mr. Marsh responded.

- Y/N POV -

Minji and I were walking behind Olivia and Danielle on our way to some corner store. It was a bit uncomfortable. Koreans stare a lot more than I was used to.

At home, I always felt a bit lacking in society...

But in South Korea, all those things I lacked felt like they multiplied.

"So, how does it feel to live with The Marshs?" Minji suddenly asked.

I took a deep breath, thrown off by the question, replying... "It's nice. They're very kind and loving."

"I guess you ended up finding a family after all," Minji gave me a light smile, before walking off.

I stopped in my tracks and watched as everyone walked into the convince store. I smiled to myself, realizing that I wasn't alone anymore.

As lonely as I felt, I always had an annoyingly loving Marsh right by my side.

"Hey, you coming in? I don't need you getting lost in a whole new country!" Danielle suddenly walked out of store to get me.

"Uh, yeah! Coming," I shook myself out of my thoughts

Dani waited by the door until I walked in and linked her arm with mine. "What kind of ice cream do you want?" She cutely asked.

"Umm, I'll take whatever you choose for me," I gave her a light smile.

"Uuuhh, yes!" Olivia suddenly exclaimed.

I furrowed my brows at her, before coldly saying... "Dani. I'll take whatever Dani chooses. Not you."

"Ha!" Danielle laughed at her sister.

We all grabbed a few snacks, with Dani and Minji doing their best to explain the taste of each one. I found it funny though, I had learned to eat anything. Food is food, the taste didn't matter.

When you've been hungry for so long, you learn to stop being so picky.

"Ohh yes!" Minji exclaimed.

"You'll like this one. It's like a little sweet but sour," Dani explained.

"Kind of like your soul!" Oli pitched in.

"Whatever," I rolled my eyes in response.

"You two act more like siblings than you and Dani do!" Minji suddenly giggled out.

Dani and I gave each other a look for a moment, before attempting to change the subject.

"Let's get back. Mom and Dad will start worrying soon," Danielle told the group.

"Yup, let's go!" I followed along.

Olivia ended up paying for everything and I went back to asking Minji more questions about South Korea. We were just on our way out, when two guys suddenly stopped in front of Danielle and Olivia.

The boys exchanged a few words with the girls and I felt a bit uneasy about it.

Not really knowing what they were saying, I leaned over to ask Minji.... "What are they saying?"

"Oh, they're asking Dani for her number," Minji nonchalantly replied.

I bit the inside of my cheek, a little jealous.

"Olivia rejected and now both the guys are asking for Dani's number," Minji started to translate the situation in real time.

"Dani is saying how she's a foreigner and doesn't have a Korean phone number. Which is a lie," She kept on whispering to me.

"Oh, I never mind. I guess she's going to give it to them," Minji corrected herself.

I furrowed my brows a bit upset and stepped up next to Danielle and Olivia.

- Danielle POV -

I was just about to give in and give my number to one of the guys who started hitting on us, when Y/n suddenly walked up to stand next to me.

My heart started to flutter a bit and I changed my mind.

"I'm sorry. I'll be going back home soon so I won't have any time to go on a date," I politely told the guys.

"Oh, okay," One of the guys replied awkwardly.

"Have a nice day!" Olivia politely told the guys, before pulling me out of the store. I quickly grabbed Y/n and pulled them with me, with Minji following right behind.

"Looks like someone got jealous!" Olivia started to tease Y/n.

"Please, I just don't want anyone hitting on my family members!" Y/n suddenly grabbed my hand.

I felt a bit uneasy with their answer, but Y/n holding my hand helped a lot.

"Oh, so we're family now?" Oli kept on with her smug behavior.

"Well, you are!" Y/n responded with the same demeanor, interlocking our fingers in the process.

"You're annoying. You think you know everything. You like to scold me like a parent and you hype me up like an older sister. You can't get anymore older sister syndrome than that!" Y/n smugly told Olivia.

"And you're annoying, can't get your shit together, and you're not nearly as good as anyone in our family. You can't get more in-law than that!" Olivia fired back.

*COUGH, COUGH*

Y/n suddenly started to choke on their own salivas, as I yelled... "Olivia!"

"What?! I'm speaking the truth!" Oli smugly responded.

-

-

-

-

-

-

Author's Note: Oli wingman level.... unstable! xD