LIVING TOGETHER

Narrator

It had been a whole week of Y/n living with The Marsh-Mo Family.

There was still a lot of adjusting to do, but Danielle and Y/n were already bickering like long lost siblings.

At least that's how Mr. & Mrs. Marsh saw it.

- Danielle POV -

"That's my shirt. Take it off!" I yelled at Y/n.

Y/n kept refusing to give me my shirt back. The one I had let them borrow on Christmas Eve.

"You got other shirts. I just have the one!" Y/n yelled back.

"Kids!!" Dad yelled from downstairs.

He had been trying to get us to stop fighting for the last 20 minutes, but Y/n just kept refusing to take my shirt off.

"Daddy, tell Y/n to give me my shirt back!" I yelled down the stairs.

"Dani, you have other ones!" Dad yelled back.

Y/n gave me a smug look and stuck their tongue out in victory.

I scoffed and rolled my eyes in annoyance.

I wasn't even really mad about the shirt.

I had been mad at Y/n since the night before for completely ditching us for our New Year's Celebrations. Y/n just went up and disappeared for hours. They didn't return until a few minutes before the New Year's countdown.

I was so pissed that Dad would even allow that.

"You didn't even celebrate New Year's with us. You shouldn't be given the right to share my things. It's a family tradition and you missed it," I pouted a bit annoyed.

Suddenly, the very shirt I had been fighting for landed on my shoulder.

I looked over at Y/n and they were changing into their old clothes.

"Can't expect me to follow traditions of a family I'm not even a part of," Y/n coldly told me before walking out of the room.

I sighed out in frustration.

It seemed like I had said something wrong again.

Y/n and I couldn't seem to get along because we were so different.

Y/n was kind of pessimistic and I was the complete opposite.

Y/n kept on saying that they weren't a part of the family, even though Dad explicitly told Y/n that they were now a part of the family.

I couldn't understand why couldn't just be happy that they now had somewhere to stay.

- Y/N POV -

"Did she say something again?" Mr. Marsh asked as I walked down the stairs.

It seemed like he noticed that I had changed.

I just took a deep breath in response.

"It's fine," I coldly answered.

"No, I'll have a talk with her," Mrs. Marsh began to walk up the stairs.

"It's fine," I tried to stop him.

"She doesn't understand and that's a good thing. I wouldn't want her to understand anyway," I coldly told him.

Mr. Marsh sighed and walked back down the stairs.

He had heard me say that about 3 times now.

I didn't care if Danielle didn't understand my situation. Yes, her comments hurt at times.... but I rather her be ignorant of the horrors of the world... than to learn that the world isn't such a happy place.