Chapter 4: Time

Morana cursed under her breath.

Of course they would all target her! She was the only one without an allie! There was no one who would want revenge if she died!

Of course, again, she couldn't exactly die, but it would mean the death of many others.

The person called Scar Guilded Healthia rolled another bolas at her.

The ball exploded, blowing Ren and Tango far away.

"You'll never get the prey!" he shouted, hurling another ball of explosives at Morana.

The ball exploded and Morana's eyes glowed emerald green as her daggers absorbed the impact.

The trees in the forest around them shook.

"Turn away," Morana pleaded, her voice taking on a dangerous edge that was both unresistable and deadly, "take your lives and go! We don't have to kill each other!"

Scar attempted to scoff, but something in Morana's voice made him suddenly want to jump into the ocean, "We don't have to kill each other! Girl, you think you can scare me? I know you're scared, so maybe you should take your life and run!"

Morana glared, gritting her teeth in anger, "Don't say I didn't warn you."

There was a flash of emerald green as three shurikens flew towards the brown haired boy who raised an palm to swat them away.

The moment before it hit him, Morana spat out a word, her eyes sheening emerald green as a veil of light enveloped the silver shuriken and pierced directly through Scar's hand.

He screamed in rage as Anahita ran forward to help him, her golden hunting knives flashing as they clashed with Morana's glowing silver daggers.

Yet the moment the knives touched Morana's daggers, Anahita screamed, wincing as the glowing green liquid touched her fingertips, she jumped backwards and avoided the three shurikens which were spiraling back to Morana.

"I told you!" Morana's eyes flashed dangerously, "Take your darn lives and go!"

Anahita glared at her, then turned and dragged the wounded Scar away.

Morana let out a sigh.

She turned, only to come face to face with Adrienne and Lauren.

"You're part siren, aren't you?"

Adrienne's voice was like the ocean, gentle yet fierce at the same time, dangerous yet welcoming.

Morana cocked her head, the familiar scent of sea breeze washing over her, "And you're a mermaid, aren't you?"

"I don't see why we can't just get this over with," Lauren muttered hottily, spinning her javelin in her hand.

Adrienne gave her a silencing look, "So... are you a siren?"

Morana hesitated, if she told them, they would have another weakness against her, but there was no reason she shouldn't, "I'm half siren." she admitted.

Adrienne nodded, her sweet musical voice floated through the air, "I want to form an alliance with you."

Lauren's mouth snapped open to object, but a glare from Adrienne made her purse her lips and remain silent.

Morana thought for a moment.

If she formed an alliance with these people, would they turn on her?

Would she be able to bear it if they... died?

Morana bit her lip, remembering what it had felt like when she had lost Pearl to the unknown land known as the Grimlands.

Could she bear to feel that uncontrollable ache once more? That ache which haunted her up until the day she had found her sister once more?

And, if they did leave her, would she forever have to feel burdened by this pain?

Morana closed her eyes, nodding slowly, "Ok."

Scott ran through the forest, the moon lighting his way as he searched desperately for the camp of any person he could.

He squinted as he made out the shape of a person ahead of him, blocking his path with a thing that looked suspiciously like a tridant with a super long middle prong.

"Ren." Scott gritted his teeth, ice magic flowing in his veins as he stared at the man.

"Scott." Ren cocked his head, smirking at the elf.

Scott raised his hand, shooting icicles at Ren who swung his sai to deflect the hit.

Growling in frustration, Scott concentrated. It had been a while since he had used his ice magic.

Finally, Scott got the hang of his power once more.

The temperature dropped to freezing as he shot ice spears at Ren who's defence moves had begun to slow down.

Scott frowned, where was Tango?

At that moment, a spontoon spun out of no where.

Scott ducked, almost loosing his footing as he shot icicles towards the direction of the spontoon.

Tango lept out of a nearby tree, catching his spontoon and lunging at Scott.

Scott took a few steps back, his eyes flashed dangerously as he dropped the temperature once more.

Ren shuddered as frost began creeping up his hair.

"Tango, we need to retreat!" he gasped as he breathed in the unbearably icy air.

"No we don't!" Tango growled, rushing at Scott with his spontoons.

Scott smirked, his gaze became merciless as he ran Tango through with an ice spear.

"Bye." Scott muttered, pulling out his blood stained spear and shattering it.

"H-how could you!" Ren asked, glaring at Scott, flames of rage dancing in his eyes.

"How could I what?" Scott asked, batting his eyelashes innocently, "Weren't you the one who wanted to kill me?"

Ren spat on the ground, grabbed Tango's limp body by the arm and dragged him away.

Scott thought about following.

Knowing the enemy's camping area might be a good idea.

He thought for a moment.

Any later and someone might discover his absence, he had to get back.

"I'll finish you one day," he vowed, before disappearing into the night.