{24} Bedtime tales ~ D

I lived in a strange world. In a world where the inexplicable happened and I had to be prepared at all times to be shifted out of reality and dragged into the supernatural.

I had always been more than slightly different. I saw things that others didn't and heard voices that the rest of the world was deaf to.

Just a few months after I was born, my companion came, and while certain kids my age had imaginary friends like fairies to play with, I had a dragon.

He was a white, gigantic old dragon with fiery, red eyes. His breath produced puffs of smoke, and his presence brought about a surging heat wave that turned the house into a furnace-a heat only I felt. He spoke with a deep growl that reverberated through the house, shaking it, and yet I was the only one who heard him.

He mostly appeared in my room at night, crouching in order to fit into the large space that barely contained him. He occupied the length and breadth of the room, his scales scraping the ceiling, with not even the tiniest space to insert a foot left on the floor. He would then place his head on my big bed, where I would lay, watching and listening to him, with no atom of fear for the beast in my room.

There were times when he stayed outside the house, and I would hear the rushing sound of his wings as he circled about the building and listen as he landed on the rooftop with a loud thud that shook the foundations of the house, causing dust to spew down from the roof. And when he moved on the rooftop, his feet made a screeching sound that sent chills down my spine. There were other times when he would move about on the ground with every step he took, causing the ground to tremble. And these were all things that no one else noticed.

When he was in my room, he told me stories. stories about himself, about others of his kind, and about the universe.

He said he was as old as the universe itself and one of the guardians of the many worlds in the wide universe.
He said he and the others of his kind were the creators of all that the human eyes was capable of seeing and of things beyond what the human mind could imagine.

He said the universe was a boundless, void, and dark space, and nothing else but guardians existed in the darkness. Then they came together and thought about making more out of the space they dwelt in, and that was how they began to create.

He told me that they created the galaxies and every single star out there. Having put all these together, they wanted to do more.

They decided to create worlds in the different galaxies, and in order to do so, they divided themselves into groups, and each of these groups made their own world, now called planets. After creating these worlds, the creators watched and guarded them.

They also proceeded to put living creatures on these planets, and while every other thing was always so perfect, the living creatures in every world were always the same-evil, cruel, and despicable beings that tainted the otherwise perfect world.

As time went by, some of the guardians got fed up with their worlds, and in their wrath, they wiped out entire planets and went somewhere else to start new worlds, aiming for a more perfect world that they never got.

And so the circle repeated itself; they built and destroyed again and again. Some only got rid of the living creatures on their planets, leaving behind creations like land and rocks. while others completely wiped out the entire planet, leaving nothing behind. They destroyed their worlds with water, gas, ice, fire, and as many elements as they could use.

Planets died in every galaxy, just as new ones were born. And when the last planet in a galaxy was destroyed, the sun in that solar system was turned off. Sometimes they extinguished it gently, and other times, they put it out with a big bang, causing a supernova that destroyed the remnants of the empty planets. And these guardians went off like the rest, to build another perfect planet they envisioned somewhere else in the endless universe, even when it was another planet that was bound to fail like their previous worlds, because they seeked perfect, and perfection was impossible.