That's The Way Things Go - Requested

Travis' POV

Immediately as we enter the locker room, I pull my helmet off and got changed. We lost. We played so fucking well, and we lost. I can't really be mad though. Jase won. He earned it. I'm glad he got to win me after that Superbowl. No, it didn't change anything between us, it never had and never will, but it was still upsetting to lose.

ring ring. ring ring. I picked up my phone. Princess. I answered the ringing phone, putting it to my ear as I grabbed my stuff and walked out.

"Hey baby." Tay's soft voice rang out. She sounded tired. She was off in Japan right now, sk it must've been the time difference. "Tay, Princess, why'd you call? You're clearly tired, go rest." I knew why she called. Ttee probably told her. That woman knows everything.

"I heard you lost. I'm sorry baby." Tay's voice brought more comfort than anything in the world.

"It's okay. I'm happy for Jase. Plus, wouldn't you be happy too? You were an Eagles fan before." I tried for a joke, but Tay could hear the exhaustion in my voice.

"Darling, you're the only one I care for. Yes, I am happy Eagles won, I've always been a fan. But you mean more than any football team to me."

My heart warmed knowing how much it meant to Taylor. How much I meant to Taylor.

"Tay, thank you. I love you."

"Of course."

"Can you sing for me?"

"What?"

"Sing a song. Any song. Could be yours. Doesn't matter."

Princess is requesting to switch to facetime.

Accept.

Our coming of age has come and gone
Suddenly the summer it's clear
I never had the courage of my convictions

My eyes fluttered close.

As long as danger is near
And it's just around the corner, darling
'Cause it lives in me
No, I could never give you peace.

• • •

That was short as hell but I think it's sweet :)

Hope you guys like this, got two more requested ones on the way soon!

Requests go here >>>>>

Love you guyss!

-YT xx